The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
AV is sopposed to be much better, and ive heard lots of good stuff abt it.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Not sure about internationals. We have one, the next corridor has 2, third corridor has none. Not sure about upstairs and AV.

JM has a better social life. AV has a reputation of being boring and staying in, which is quite true. Although you do find some lovely people in AV that break the rule. Some of my best friends live in AV.

AV has larger rooms, a huge desk and better bathrooms. JM is having new bathrooms being fitted for the start of the year. I still prefer JM though.

JM is either 11 or 13 per corridor, which is 36 per floor. Not sure about AV, but it's probably the same.

Although AV does have it's own laundrette and a lounge for each kitchen, it does have the reputation of being boring, and you personally get a reputation for being some rich toff because you can afford £84 a week. Personally, I love living in JM, although if i chose again I might choose Rootes. Basically because they're more sociable.

I'm sorry if none of this makes sense, I have a stinking hangover.
Reply 3
lol thank u, it does make sense!
Reply 4
anyone knows how much accomodation cost will increase for next academic year esp for JM and AV
thanks
Reply 5
on the warwick website it is said that benefactors has twin ensuite rooms as well as single but at the open day I was told that there are only single rooms available across the board...could anyone provide any info regarding this??
Reply 6
Is it stupid of me to apply to Lakeside and pay £83 per week for 39 week contract. I love the look of the place and there's an en suite and the rooms are much larger. Plus, there's a lake!

For those who are studying at Warwick, is Lakeside as good as it sounds?

Thanks for your help!
Reply 7
It's miles away. Well, about 15 minutes walk, whereas I'm 5 minutes, and Whitefields is 1 minute to the student's union. Sounds lovely though. Mostly made up of 3rd/4th years.
Reply 8
I dont mind it being miles away. More exercise and also I won't be distracted by the Union as much, plus, less noise.

Are you studying in Warwick right now or are you a prospective student? :smile:
Reply 9
Fair enough. I find mine really quiet, and AV is even quieter.

I'm studying here now. :smile:
Reply 10
seana
on the warwick website it is said that benefactors has twin ensuite rooms as well as single but at the open day I was told that there are only single rooms available across the board...could anyone provide any info regarding this??

:confused: good question.. i wanna know too

Latest