The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Chemistry Unit 5, F325 15th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mutleybm1996
Am I the only one that found this question easy........

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's cause the question was based on an AS question. If you never learnt/read about what ferrate was, it makes that question significantly harder. That's what I got from the examiners comment's anyway.
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
It's cause the question was based on an AS question. If you never learnt/read about what ferrate was, it makes that question significantly harder. That's what I got from the examiners comment's anyway.

It's not mentioned in the report.....
It's not mentioned in the report.....

Similar q came up 2 times. maybe its in the other one. or maybe im going nuts.

Which question was this sorry~?

Which papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1305
whats roughly full UMS for f325

and also for f324
is anyone else really struggling nuances in the application?
i find it impossible to prepare for
Original post by Straighthate
is anyone else really struggling nuances in the application?
i find it impossible to prepare for

Elaborate ?
Original post by TheLegalDealer
Elaborate ?

i know all the fundamentals, then when they ask question liike 'suggest a 2 step mechanism for this reaction' etc i dont know what to do
i know all the fundamentals, then when they ask question liike 'suggest a 2 step mechanism for this reaction' etc i dont know what to do

Think about the potential products that could be formed for your 1st step then use those in the next to make the overall products, don't worry as there are normally a few alternatives so there's a good chance you've come up with one of those
Original post by Yua
whats roughly full UMS for f325

and also for f324

57 in f324
94 in f325

Roughly...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know exactly you feel , it's what makes me lose marks in past papers
Reply 1312
Original post by Captain Anonymous
57 in f324
94 in f325

Roughly...

Posted from TSR Mobile

is full ums just the mark for an A subtracted from the mark for a B, times by 2, then added onto the mark for an A?

I did revision on these paper when I did the topic which was like 3 months ago, so I haven't done many past papers for f325 in long. I did almost all papers though, which include the older papers. I defo know 2 q came up on ferrate, though. As I got them wrong both times.
Original post by Yua
is full ums just the mark for an A subtracted from the mark for a B, times by 2, then added onto the mark for an A?

I'm not sure that this is how you work it out. Nevertheless, I suppose it would make sense and give you a good estimate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yua

why is n=2

Hope that explains it and at the end its simple you just balance the no. Of oxygens by adding 3 water molecules on the left and 6 H+ on the right

Giving 5V2+(aq) + 3MnO4+(aq) + 3H2O(l) --------> 5VO3–(aq) + 3Mn2+(aq) + 6H+(aq)

If your still stuck this will help http://youtu.be/NHP0V9mDD-Y
Hope that explains it and at the end its simple you just balance the no. Of oxygens by adding 3 water molecules on the left and 6 H+ on the right

Giving 5V2+(aq) + 3MnO4+(aq) + 3H2O(l) --------> 5VO3–(aq) + 3Mn2+(aq) + 6H+(aq)

If your still stuck this will help http://youtu.be/NHP0V9mDD-Y

is that what you meant by the flash cards :biggrin:

Thats actually a good idea.
Original post by ThatGuyRik
is that what you meant by the flash cards :biggrin:

Thats actually a good idea.

Lmaoooo Yhh
Lmaoooo Yhh

So you have those DENCH questions on flash cards?

Quick Reply