The Student Room Group

Crashing the New Higher Chemistry - help?

I'm now in 6th year and I decided it would be a good idea to crash higher chemistry. The last time I did chemistry I was in 2nd year as the only science I continued with was Biology. I got an A for my biology higher and am now doing advanced higher of that but I wanted to take another science so I was set for uni in the chance that two sciences are required for a course I could potentially do. I was supposed to do higher maths this year as I failed the prelim last year and I have had no luck as the column maths was in conflicted with one of my other subjects. The head of the department is worried about me because I don't have higher maths but I passed all the units so I'm sure I'll be okay once I get the hang of calculations.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of resources that will help explain things to me in a way that's easy to understand? I'm trying to wrap my head around the first unit with electronegativity/ionisation/enthalpy etc. I have a NAB at the end of the month and I'm really desperate to pass it. If I don't there's a chance the head will kick me out because of her little faith in me but I'm determined to work for this and prove her wrong. Thanks in advance!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest