The Student Room Group

day-to-day life

Hey guys could you tell me what happens every day when you are training to become a dentist at Kings?

THANKS!
Original post by mattadams01
Hey guys could you tell me what happens every day when you are training to become a dentist at Kings?

THANKS!

What Year Student are you? Why specifically Kings?
The best way to explore the course is to look at the prospectus and attend a Kings Open Day, where students will be able to talk to you at length. Also in 2015 there may be Dentistry taster days as part of the London Universities taster programme.
If you want to explore dentistry as a career then you need to do this through work experience (which is a pre-requisite for Dentistry anyway)
Kings Dental Institute is a fab place to study Dentistry but so are the other 13 Dental schools in the UK. It is important that you look at other courses and don't become fixed on one dental school. Dentistry is hugely competitive and to get an offer from any Uni is a big achievement.
Reply 2
Original post by lois griffin
What Year Student are you? Why specifically Kings?
The best way to explore the course is to look at the prospectus and attend a Kings Open Day, where students will be able to talk to you at length. Also in 2015 there may be Dentistry taster days as part of the London Universities taster programme.
If you want to explore dentistry as a career then you need to do this through work experience (which is a pre-requisite for Dentistry anyway)
Kings Dental Institute is a fab place to study Dentistry but so are the other 13 Dental schools in the UK. It is important that you look at other courses and don't become fixed on one dental school. Dentistry is hugely competitive and to get an offer from any Uni is a big achievement.

Thanks a lot. Well i live in folkestone and the closest unis are in London so i thought i'd prefer to travel to London rather than places like Cardiff and Bristol. Currently im in year 10 at school and are studying for my GCSEs and are concentrating to get great qualifications to train to become a dentist at a dental school.
Original post by mattadams01

THANKS!

The day to day life as a student at King's varies greatly depending on which year you are in. You tend to start seeing and treating patients in your second year, and from years 2-5 your clinical time starts to increase, and your lecture time decreases. You have more time to yourself in years 2 and 3 with the least time in years 4 and 5. This is massively a general overview however.

Tips on applying to dental school
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ok thanks a lot. Very helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest