The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

As far as I know, you have 13 lectures per academic year.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Emily_123
Im starting in a few weeks and i just wondered what the timetable is like for psychology, how many hours you are in a week etc etc? Thanks if anybody can help me!

i wish i could help such a pretty girl:smile:...i think u need to check first of all what modules u wanna do...and then look at the timetale...link was posted somewhere in the forums...
Maybe I should stop being facetious - there's a timetable checker somewhere on dur.ac.uk and if you know what modules you're doing, then you can look up your timetable. All firstyear modules begin with the number 1.
Reply 4
thanks! i havnt a clue about anything haha, never done psychology before! wahay should be fun, dont no what modules im goin to take. do you 2 do psychology?
No, I take physics, which has about 73 lectures a week, hence me sarcastically suggesting that you (and any other non-hard-scientist*) would only have a very small number of lectures.

*By which I mean Physics, Chemisty and Maths. And begrudginly Biology.
Emily_123
thanks! i havnt a clue about anything haha, never done psychology before! wahay should be fun, dont no what modules im goin to take. do you 2 do psychology?

unfortunately not i would say:wink:
but i did take it in school as one of my major (higher level) subjects...was pretty interesting
Reply 7
Begrudgingly Engineering too?
Reply 8
do we have an engineer on our hands? im only messing! so im not in too much over the week then? supposedly im supposed to be reading in this time im not in but i shall be in bed or drinking, or even more possibly drinking in bed....
I meant I included Engineering in the lots of hours thing, not the "Hard Sciences" thing, which would be nonsensical, as Engineering isn't a science, hence the change to "biology".
I'm not just being stuck-up, Hard Science is the actual term for these subjects (as opposed to Soft Science).
Mattmoy_2000
I meant I included Engineering in the lots of hours thing, not the "Hard Sciences" thing, which would be nonsensical, as Engineering isn't a science, hence the change to "biology".
I'm not just being stuck-up, Hard Science is the actual term for these subjects (as opposed to Soft Science).

u forgot in ur hard science list...one more course....PPE!!
Reply 11
PPE isn't a 'hard' or 'soft/applied' science...
arkbar
PPE isn't a 'hard' or 'soft/applied' science...

i was joking:smile:
lol
Reply 14
Wit.
Brevity:wit.
Reply 16
Per week - 2 for psych 1, 2 for psych 2, 1x2hr for research. Plus a 3 hour practical every other week. Then you need to pick 2 other elective modules...
Reply 17
masterblaster where are you from?
TKR
masterblaster where are you from?

m....depends...where i was born?where i live? or what passport i have:wink:?
hey emily

I jus took a quick look at ur myspace, and i think i might have met you before!!! I went to st marys in crosby, am now doin psychology and business at durham; may see u in intro to psychology 2 lectures next year. lemme know if u want to know anything about the wonderful place that is durham uni and its psycho department :smile:

Latest