The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Right first of all I will say Don't bother doing Direct Debit if you haven't already

The reason I say this is that last year, every time me or my friends were meant to have money taken out by this method, it never went and the Uni complained even though it was their fault. I reset up the DD 3 or 5 times and it still didn't work.

I then had to pay each installment by cheque. To do this, you can either use the address on the back of any invoices they send you, or take it in person as I do, to the Finance Office on the Ground Floor of the Main Building.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I just bank transferred the money the day before it was due.
Reply 3
ive already sent my direct debit form off :frown:

oh well if they complain itll be there fault.
That's definitely the way to think about it! It's not your fault if the Direct Debit doesn't go through, but if you notice it not coming out of your account it's probably best to go down to Finance and ask them if it's gone through
Reply 5
Dont bother actually going, simply ring them up. Theres always queues in the finance office :tongue:
Not all the time! I prefer going down in person, it's quicker to pay them when it hasn't gone through and coz I showed up so often they always knew what my problems were and wanted to get rid of me so sorted me sooner!
Reply 7
Suits you, sir!

ps, you living with Claire this year, she doesn't appear to ever leave our house :tongue:
Haha! It's coz we don't even have our keys! We can't move in for nearly 2 weeks yet!
Reply 9
Thats a pretty good excuse tbh :tongue:

Latest