The Student Room Group

Football Boots and Trainers? Girls

Where do you normally buy them from? With football boots especially as the men's boots don't normally do them in size 4 or 5. I'm going to uni soon and one of the sports I want to try out is lax. Do they expect you to buy the equipment yourself later on and should I buy a decent pair of boots before signing? I also wrecked my last pair of trainers so want some suggestions on new ones to buy. Nothing ridiculously expensive please, I still haven't bought all the things needed for uni and my bank account is pretty much empty already
Reply 1
Original post by cathrg26
Where do you normally buy them from? With football boots especially as the men's boots don't normally do them in size 4 or 5. I'm going to uni soon and one of the sports I want to try out is lax. Do they expect you to buy the equipment yourself later on and should I buy a decent pair of boots before signing? I also wrecked my last pair of trainers so want some suggestions on new ones to buy. Nothing ridiculously expensive please, I still haven't bought all the things needed for uni and my bank account is pretty much empty already

Almost nobody uses lax cleats as they don't really get sold here. Everyone uses either football boots (usually from sportsdirect) or hockey shoes - bearing in mind that some pitches will be astro.

I have never heard of a lax club that doesn't lend kit to the freshers. Assuming you're female, the only things you will have to get are footwear and a mouthguard. Unless there is an absolute downpout in the next month, you will be fine in trainers.

Do not under any circumstances buy a lax stick from a high street store - it will cost double or triple. Either buy it through the club or online from someone like Zenith or Hattersley or UKlacrosse.
Reply 2
Original post by Clip
Almost nobody uses lax cleats as they don't really get sold here. Everyone uses either football boots (usually from sportsdirect) or hockey shoes - bearing in mind that some pitches will be astro.

I have never heard of a lax club that doesn't lend kit to the freshers. Assuming you're female, the only things you will have to get are footwear and a mouthguard. Unless there is an absolute downpout in the next month, you will be fine in trainers.

Do not under any circumstances buy a lax stick from a high street store - it will cost double or triple. Either buy it through the club or online from someone like Zenith or Hattersley or UKlacrosse.

Thanks for your help. Just for training (will also try out volleyball) which do you think would be better?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/new-balance-balance-wr829-wp-ladies-running-shoes-214424?colcode=21442499

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-duma-ladies-running-shoes-214074?colcode=21407423#customerreviews
Reply 3

I'm not an expert on trainers - I would guess that there is almost no appreciable difference.

Quick Reply

Latest