The Student Room Group

What tech are you taking to university?

I thought I'd make a thread to see what gadgets and electronics everyone is taking/ has taken with them to univeristy.

I'll just be taking my phone and laptop but I know of many who take consoles and tvs, couldn't be doing with that much procrastination! :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

I'm not going to Uni this year, but next year if I go, I'll be taking my phone and a surface Pro 3. I'm not going to even bring paper, because I can just take notes with the Pro 3 and because it runs full windows, I'll be able to do all my work. And because it is a tablet I can literally take it with me anywhere! It's expensive but worth it I reckon!
Reply 2
going uni in september and taking my macbook pro 13 retina
nexus 5
nexus 7
Taking my phone, my new laptop and my PS3. To be fair, I'm not keeping the PS3 in halls, it's staying with my sister who happens to live near the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by simpletech668
I'm not going to Uni this year, but next year if I go, I'll be taking my phone and a surface Pro 3. I'm not going to even bring paper, because I can just take notes with the Pro 3 and because it runs full windows, I'll be able to do all my work. And because it is a tablet I can literally take it with me anywhere! It's expensive but worth it I reckon!

Some lecturers don't allow laptops/tablets in lectures, at least at some of the universities I visited for open days. Paper is definitely a must :P
Reply 5
Original post by bluebeetle
Taking my phone, my new laptop and my PS3. To be fair, I'm not keeping the PS3 in halls, it's staying with my sister who happens to live near the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No new gen console? :colone:
Original post by agukn
going uni in september and taking my macbook pro 13 retina
nexus 5
nexus 7

Debating to get a tablet or not. Not much of a difference between the nexus 5 and 7 :tongue:
Laptop, phone and printer
Oh and a few CDs but no CD player lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Laptop, iPhone 5C and iPad :smile: I do have a TV but I'm not taking it as I doubt I'll have much time to watch it!
Reply 8
Laptop, S4, iPhone 5, ps3, tv, IPad, satnav
Laptop, additional screen and phone

But we must not forget the most important part Speakers (with a sub, naturally).

You can't have a party without music.
Original post by F_shakeey
No new gen console? :colone:

Wish I had one, but I had to pick between that and a new laptop, I figured the laptop would be more useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Laptop and my phone.

Forgot to mention my mechanical keyboard. I can't go back to membrane keyboards after using a mechanical one for a couple of years.
This thread makes me think I'm taking too much haha,

Xbox One, Desktop, Laptop, TV, Phone (Galaxy S5), Speakers
laptop, phone, ipad
Macbook pro retina, desktop, iPhone 5
Reply 15
Laptop
iPod
Phone
TV
Printer
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Laptop
18" Monitor
Speakers
Printer
Xbox 360
32" TV
Phone
Tablet
Laptop
Laptop hub
Proper keyboard + mouse
TV (monitor) + TV (living room)
Tablet
Phone
Printer
Cameras + lenses
Macbook
iPhone
PS3 (I never play it though)
TV
Various cables/chargers/peripherals
Printer

Which reminds me I need to buy a external hard drive.
Reply 19
Phone, iPad and Laptop. I may take my DS to play pokemon haha

Quick Reply

Latest