The Student Room Group

What tech are you taking to university?

Scroll to see replies

My vaio and my samsung s5, that's about it.

Although I am wondering whether or not to take my xbox..
TV
Xbox One
Speakers
Phone
Laptop
Reply 82
My tablet, phone, laptop and kindle.
I take my iPod, phone, laptop & 3DS.
Reply 84
Original post by TroyAndAbed
I take my iPod, phone, laptop & 3DS.

I second this :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RFowler
Acer Aspire laptop and my Nokia Lumia 930. That's it. I don't have money to burn so I don't have anything else aside from my laptop and phone.

I might buy a tablet if I get a job while I'm down there, but I'm not sure if I really "need" one or not.

Just remembered I will probably get a printer at some point as well, as the one we have at home doesn't work very well and I could do with a scanner to get old photos into digital form, which I've been meaning to do for a while.
Reply 86
i felt like i took loads, but its all necessary!

desktop PC, 2 PC monitors, xbox 360, my phone and my ipad.and electric toothbrush if that counts. and headphones ofc.

also need to buy a laptop and a small usb printer!
Would the people who took TVs recommend doing so, or no? It's something I'm really unsure about.
Original post by victoriahope
Would the people who took TVs recommend doing so, or no? It's something I'm really unsure about.

There's really no need - if you have a TV you'll be liable for TV licence, but you can watch TV on your laptop, and if it's catch up TV (ie bit live) then you'll not need to pay TV licence.

TVs are also fairly big items which you may not have the space for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surprised to not see more people bringing a Desktop PC, im guessing this is due to portability?

I'll be bringing my PC Tower, 2 moniters and Maxnomic chair, my phone & possibly a small notebook for classes I just hope I have enough desk space for two moniters!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending