The Student Room Group

Economics Extended Essay Help, Analysis on Elasticities.

Hi everyone!
I've currently just about roughly finished around 3100 word on My Economics Extended Essay.
My essay looks at what extend one brand is elastic in comparison to 2 other different brands.

For example one is a popular normal good, while one other is an inferior good, and another is the same brand in a different country.

I would just like to ask for help on analyzing and evaluating a question like this. I've somewhat analysed this using economic concepts but it isn't very thorough.

Furthermore, is there any sort of primary/ secondary research that you would think is necessary in a question like this ? (Questionnaires, specific questions etc)

Lastly, I was wondering how to incorporate diagrams/tables into this because currently I do not have any diagrams, or statistics whatsoever apart from the calculated elasticity values. :frown:

I'd be so thankful if you could help me A.S.A.P. guys thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by 45pointpotential
Hi everyone!
I've currently just about roughly finished around 3100 word on My Economics Extended Essay.
My essay looks at what extend one brand is elastic in comparison to 2 other different brands.

For example one is a popular normal good, while one other is an inferior good, and another is the same brand in a different country.

I would just like to ask for help on analyzing and evaluating a question like this. I've somewhat analysed this using economic concepts but it isn't very thorough.

Furthermore, is there any sort of primary/ secondary research that you would think is necessary in a question like this ? (Questionnaires, specific questions etc)

Lastly, I was wondering how to incorporate diagrams/tables into this because currently I do not have any diagrams, or statistics whatsoever apart from the calculated elasticity values. :frown:

I'd be so thankful if you could help me A.S.A.P. guys thank you!

For primary research you could email or phone supermarkets and ask (if its possible) to get figures on their sales on the same good but the different brands (if that's what you're doing)- or online look up the figures and use them as secondary- also maybe consider, the cross elasticity?

Quick Reply

Latest