The Student Room Group

~| Biased in Reading |~

Hello,

I am studying Spanish for my GCSE and I have a massive problem. I am extremely biased with reading and listening, mediocre with writing, and terrible at speaking. I actually failed my recent Speaking exam, which really hurt because I am meant to be one of the best in my class, and almost everyone else passed.

I am good with languages but speaking them has always been a problem for me. I am very one-sided in general with regards to school subjects, extremely good at the ones that require reading and memory but poor with mathematics and practical application. Maths has always been my weakest subject since I was a child.

I have ANOTHER speaking exam and I think a Reading and a Writing one (or two Writing, not sure). I think it's a shame because it is assumed that reading is the basis for learning a language and once you know how to read it's simple doing everything else, which would explain why schools concentrate more on Speaking and Writing. As a result it is going to be very hard for me to get an A or A* in the subject.

Any advice?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending