The Student Room Group

Want to play a sport but not sporty...

Starting uni in a couple of weeks and I think joining some kind of sports team (I'm female) would be good to get fit and make friends, only thing is I am not what you'd call the athletic type and haven't done any team games since the dreaded high school PE lessons... does anybody have any suggestions as to potential groups I could join? Hope I won't be the only one in this position....:biggrin:
Reply 1
It's fine. Most clubs have a general "sport for all" type running, with then specific training days for squad members etc. so you should be fine - find whatever you're interested in and give it a go.

Usually they have like taster sessions for the first couple of weeks before everyone decides what they're going to join, so try a few! :smile:
Reply 2
I joined the kickboxing club on campus. It's not for everyone but for me it was great - a really good way to relieve stress and they were a great bunch of people. They had all different levels so it was good fitness and you could do a basic form of boxercise if that waas your aim, or you could actually train and compete. But everyone trained together in the same hall and we had socials every week and everyone was lovely.

I miss my kickboxing club!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending