The Student Room Group

neuroscience books

Hi does anybody know of any good books based on the brain preferably relating to neuroscience?
Original post by nidah y
Hi does anybody know of any good books based on the brain preferably relating to neuroscience?

What price and level are you aiming for? :h:
Original post by nidah y

Well, it depends on what you already know. There are books that are written for the average reader with just a little background knowledge about neuroscience (such as some books by Steven Pinker and others) and then there are books which deal with specific topics like neuroanatomy, neurophysiology etc, Also do you want to study them academically or just for your interest?
Reply 3
Original post by Dynamo123
Well, it depends on what you already know. There are books that are written for the average reader with just a little background knowledge about neuroscience (such as some books by Steven Pinker and others) and then there are books which deal with specific topics like neuroanatomy, neurophysiology etc, Also do you want to study them academically or just for your interest?

Study them academically.
Original post by nidah y
Study them academically.

For neuroanatomy, there's Snell's Neuroanatomy with clinical correlations. It's a recommendable book. Then you can have different books in Neurophysiology (or even study this from any normal physiology text).

If this is for a grad course, you can consult your professors as well as your seniors. Also, you can check the relevant section in your uni library and try out different books to see if any suits you.
Reply 5
The one that I was recommended at Nottingham was Neuroscience:colone:xploring the Brain, i have it and it is very good and quite straight forward it is a textbook though so I'm not sure whether that is what you are looking for because there are lots of scientific 'novels' that are good and under 800pages. The brain that changes itself, musicophillia, (sachs is very popular), Descartes Error, Private life of the brain.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending