The Student Room Group

Is these anyway I can look more healthier? Look tired/sunken eyes

I've always had bags/shadows under my eyes one is worse than the other and I think I might have what they call sunken eyes. I'm sick of people saying that I look knackered as I can't really do much about it that I know of. Here's a pic I guess they look a bit different under artificial light. Is there anything I could do that would help? I do tend to have an odd sleeping pattern like I will get to sleep about 3.00am and wake up about 11am as I work some afternoons but I'm still getting enough sleep. I also have sinus problems but I'm on a nasal spray for this there's nothing else can be done. Have really pale skin too
(edited 9 years ago)
Drink more water and eat healthier

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know you say you sleep enough, but the time of day that you sleep is just as important as the amount.

The sleep pattern you describe (3-11) could easily be contributing to the shadows under your eyes, even though you're technically getting eight hours per night. Is it possible for you to try changing your sleep pattern? Try going to bed at 10/11 and waking up at 7/8 for a few weeks and see if you notice a difference?
Original post by Plumstone
I know you say you sleep enough, but the time of day that you sleep is just as important as the amount.

The sleep pattern you describe (3-11) could easily be contributing to the shadows under your eyes, even though you're technically getting eight hours per night. Is it possible for you to try changing your sleep pattern? Try going to bed at 10/11 and waking up at 7/8 for a few weeks and see if you notice a difference?

+1. I used to sleep at 2 and get up at 10. My dark circles and bags were really horrible. My friends claimed I look like a panda. Now I've changed my sleep pattern to 11-7 and things are getting amazingly better! Of course, drink more water, and massage.
Original post by pump it it
+1. I used to sleep at 2 and get up at 10. My dark circles and bags were really horrible. My friends claimed I look like a panda. Now I've changed my sleep pattern to 11-7 and things are getting amazingly better! Of course, drink more water, and massage.

I know! I did the same last year at uni and it wasn't just my appearance that suffered; I couldn't think straight, my memory was shot to pieces, the tiniest problems could reduce me to tears. I shudder to think how close I came to full-on depression.

I thought I was sleeping enough because I was getting 7-8 hours, but my sleeping pattern was haywire. As soon as I got home for the holidays and started sleeping normally, it was like someone flicked a switch and I was back to my normal happy, healthy self.

If I can save anyone from putting themselves through what I did then I'll happily shout from the rooftops about the importance of sleeping properly!
Original post by Plumstone
I know! I did the same last year at uni and it wasn't just my appearance that suffered; I couldn't think straight, my memory was shot to pieces, the tiniest problems could reduce me to tears. I shudder to think how close I came to full-on depression.

I thought I was sleeping enough because I was getting 7-8 hours, but my sleeping pattern was haywire. As soon as I got home for the holidays and started sleeping normally, it was like someone flicked a switch and I was back to my normal happy, healthy self.

If I can save anyone from putting themselves through what I did then I'll happily shout from the rooftops about the importance of sleeping properly!

That's it! Exactly! I couldn't help but keep yawning every single moment. I was always feeling awkward, and become irritable and upset at trifles. HATE IT!!! But we're on track to normal life already.:tongue:
Wish there was a real switch for them. "Ding! Welcome back!"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending