The Student Room Group

Should i study further maths?

Im currently in Upper 6 and im taking biology A2, chemistry A2, physics A2, maths A2 and further maths AS. Im still unsure on what course i want to apply for in uni, but im doubting between natural (life) sciences/bio and engineering (general or biomedical), although i have to decide asap to write my personal statement since i want to apply for oxbridge (im a bit late i know lol). I was wondering whether further maths AS would benefit me in any way when applying for university, i know it is recommended for engineering, but is there any benefits if in the end i choose to study biology or natural (life) sciences? the schedule is pressing on me and i find that i have a lot of work to do, so i was doubting whether i should drop further maths or not.. i would really appreciate an answer:smile:
Original post by gGinaa
Im currently in Upper 6 and im taking biology A2, chemistry A2, physics A2, maths A2 and further maths AS. Im still unsure on what course i want to apply for in uni, but im doubting between natural (life) sciences/bio and engineering (general or biomedical), although i have to decide asap to write my personal statement since i want to apply for oxbridge (im a bit late i know lol). I was wondering whether further maths AS would benefit me in any way when applying for university, i know it is recommended for engineering, but is there any benefits if in the end i choose to study biology or natural (life) sciences? the schedule is pressing on me and i find that i have a lot of work to do, so i was doubting whether i should drop further maths or not.. i would really appreciate an answer:smile:

AS FM will be hard alongside 4 A2s
Original post by gGinaa

It will, without a doubt, be very useful for Engineering and I am sure it will also be useful for natural sciences. However, as has already been mentioned, it will be very difficult alongside 4 A2s. Whether or not you choose it depends on whether you think you can cope with the workload - nobody here can make that decision or judgement for you.
If engineering yes else no and drop physics
Reply 4
Original post by gGinaa

If you want to do engineering drop bio. if you want to do life sciences drop physics.

Quick Reply

Latest