The Student Room Group

Whether to move to a different sixth form?

Hi guys,
I am currently in year 11 at a high school where I have been for the past 11 years. Towards the end of year 10 I really didn't enjoy my time at school and felt really down about gcses, friends, school and life in general. I am still unsure of whether this was due to me not doing too well in my end of year 10 exams and my parents being disappointed in me, or whether I was disappointed in myself :frown: Anyway, recently I have been thinking about leaving my school after gcses to go to a new sixth form. Was wondering if any of you have been in the same situation and if you had any advice?
Thank you!
Reply 1
I wouldn't really focus on that at the moment, you should be trying to achieve better grades this year.

However to answer your question, there are pros and cons of moving to another sixth form. It's really up to you to decide as it will affect your future.

Have you spoken to your teachers or parents about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I have spoken to my teacher about it, and she recommend that I look at other schools, but so far I haven't spoken to my parents yet.
It's hard not to think about it atm as most deadlines for applying to sixth forms for next year are quite soon and I'm still unsure
Obviously I know that I need to work hard this year, but its on my mind a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending