The Student Room Group

Is this weird?!

I start uni in a couple of weeks and I've managed to find quite a few of my coursemates but there's one guy that I talk to quite a lot. He's really easy to talk to so I find myself telling him things that I would find hard to tell others and yeah...

But, for some reason, whenever I'm online, I always check to see if he is too and if so, then I feel like I should start a conversation with him and I guess I feel happy if he starts talking to me first.
But then I've been wondering lately if this is weird behaviour or if its because I haven't kept in touch with many friends from school and just like having someone to talk to?
what do you guys think?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I start uni in a couple of weeks and I've managed to find quite a few of my coursemates but there's one guy that I talk to quite a lot. He's really easy to talk to so I find myself telling him things that I would find hard to tell others and yeah...

But, for some reason, whenever I'm online, I always check to see if he is too and if so, then I feel like I should start a conversation with him and I guess I feel happy if he starts talking to me first.
But then I've been wondering lately if this is weird behaviour or if its because I haven't kept in touch with many friends from school and just like having someone to talk to?
what do you guys think?

Not weird, at all.
Reply 2
You've clicked with one another, and you should be grateful that you've found comfort/friendship with someone before you've started.

Not many people get that.
It's not weird at all! It's great you've found someone you can confide in so easily, and he obviously doesn't find it weird or he wouldn't talk to you first
It's weird you're telling him stuff you wouldn't normally tell others... As you've put it...

You barely know him and you haven't met him IRL. Don't talk to him everyday it's quite annoying imo
Reply 5
Original post by bittr n swt
It's weird you're telling him stuff you wouldn't normally tell others... As you've put it...

You barely know him and you haven't met him IRL. Don't talk to him everyday it's quite annoying imo

I guess its just because he's easy to talk to and more willing to listen than other people I know. And yeah, I only talk to him every couple of days
Reply 6
Original post by lucymellor
It's not weird at all! It's great you've found someone you can confide in so easily, and he obviously doesn't find it weird or he wouldn't talk to you first

Original post by KadeK
You've clicked with one another, and you should be grateful that you've found comfort/friendship with someone before you've started.

Not many people get that.

Original post by ThePoet
Not weird, at all.

okay, that's a little reassuring, thanks :smile:
No, I don't think it's weird. I think it's easier to open up to people online. Also, are you relieved that you've met a course mate online before meeting them in real life? That maybe why you're speaking a lot/wanting to speak a lot? Or maybe you guys click and get on well which is good x
Reply 8
Original post by Little Old Me
No, I don't think it's weird. I think it's easier to open up to people online. Also, are you relieved that you've met a course mate online before meeting them in real life? That maybe why you're speaking a lot/wanting to speak a lot? Or maybe you guys click and get on well which is good x

Yeah, i think i'm quite relieved but i met him for the first time the other day and it was quite awkward between us... but yeah I think it's the latter :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I guess its just because he's easy to talk to and more willing to listen than other people I know. And yeah, I only talk to him every couple of days

It's not weird, but take care not to rely on him. It's good he's willing to listen, but listening can be tiring - make sure you do plenty of listening too, and ask about him. I'm not saying you don't, just that it's vital in a healthy friendship. :smile:
Reply 10
You don't know the guy, you've not met him IRL to actually back up any claims he made and finally, you are sharing things with him you've never shared with anyone else? Sounds a bit like a RomCom.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending