On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by liviaaboydd
I got an offer to do law at Southampton with the grades AAA or AAB + an A in EPQ. Went to my applicant day today and I absolutely loved it, definitely thinking of putting Southampton as my firm choice!

Well done on your offer! :smile: glad you enjoyed the applicant day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 241
Original post by AFS96
Course Child Nursing
Studying Level 3 extended diploma Health and Social care
Why Good feedback from people, I know its a really good university. I love that it is campus and compared to others I've seen its a nice location and campus as a whole.
Open day yes I really enjoyed the open day, everyone was so lovely and extremely helpful!!

What is anyones opinion on getting into southampton on just a Btec??

Hi, i also applied to southampton to do child nursing! have you got anything back from them yet? :smile:
Reply 242
Original post by alice_c_97
Got an offer through for Adult nursing today after my interview on the 9th. I originally applied for Child and adult combined nursing so I don't really know how to feel. I'm going to ring them tomorrow and ask why I've been offered this. Slightly gutted as the original course I applied for was definitely my dream course but I guess it's still an offer!

Hi! I have applied to do child and the child and adult combined! I still haven't heard anything! How long from when you sent away you application until they invited you for an interview? Was the interview one to one? What sort of questions did they ask? Also how long did they take to give you your offer after the interview?
Original post by LouieSax
Hey! I feel you :tongue:
However, for my course, Southampton are not taking BTEC's unless they are combined with at least one other A Level!
A Levels are tough...very tough.
What are you thinking of applying for? :smile:
A Btec is only as good as it's grade if it is just a pass , then it is no good to anyone! But that is just my opinion.:biggrin:
Original post by Gem**
Hi! I have applied to do child and the child and adult combined! I still haven't heard anything! How long from when you sent away you application until they invited you for an interview? Was the interview one to one? What sort of questions did they ask? Also how long did they take to give you your offer after the interview?

:smile:Well done , i have seen only one offer on here for child and adult on this
site. They like you to be really really clever and committed for dual.
Original post by Gem**
Hi, i also applied to Southampton to do child nursing! have you got anything back from them yet? :smile:
I would say the amount of applicants they have it would be a no, but never say never!
Get lots of experience with children, go and volunteer in a children's ward or hospice once a week or more. Southampton say they take Btecs, i would be
inclined to disagree for this course in particular.
A recent story i heard is that they do not take them and that was a course tutor , but it does say they do in the prospectus, it also helps if you have a family member in the nursing profession too! I think it is a case of who you know not what you know. If you are a lecturer's offspring it is guaranteed.
Original post by _Caz_
Well done on your offer! :smile: glad you enjoyed the applicant day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done fantastic grades!:biggrin:
Reply 247
Original post by moose12
I would say the amount of applicants they have it would be a no, but never say never!
Get lots of experience with children, go and volunteer in a children's ward or hospice once a week or more. Southampton say they take Btecs, i would be
inclined to disagree for this course in particular.
A recent story i heard is that they do not take them and that was a course tutor , but it does say they do in the prospectus, it also helps if you have a family member in the nursing profession too! I think it is a case of who you know not what you know. If you are a lecturer's offspring it is guaranteed.

I'm doing 2 a levels, one being biology and a btec in ict, my predicted grades are ABB. I done my work experience in a children's ward for a week and I go to a children's hospice every other week volunteering. I don't have anyone I know well enough to say I know them that works as a nurse and I'm not from Southampton so i don't know anyone that works there haha
I got enrolled in this September 2015. Still looking for the best accommodation. Someone suggest me which one. Do they offer catered for the postgraduates?
Guys I've applied since 11th of Jan 2015 ... Still no reply yet ... Is that the normal :smile:?! " applied for civil engineering in southampton "
I don't really remember how long they took to reply mine. But it's not been even a month so it give some more time :smile:
I applied in December for French and Portuguese and still no reply :frown:
Reply 252
Original post by Gem**
Hi, i also applied to southampton to do child nursing! have you got anything back from them yet? :smile:

Yes, i have an interview on thursday, what about you?
Reply 253
Does UoS accommodation open today? I looked on the website and it says it does but I'm struggling to register - is anyone else having this problem? :frown:
I am having this problem. The website says it's been open. But when I go to register they say my personal details have not been validated successfully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ariel fan
I am having this problem. The website says it's been open. But when I go to register they say my personal details have not been validated successfully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you firmed/insured them? If not, that might be why.
Reply 256
Original post by Mathsz0r
Have you firmed/insured them? If not, that might be why.

We've both phoned the university - apparently a lot of people have had this problem. If anyone else has the same issue just phone the accommodation at Southampton and they'll sort it for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!

I got rejected from university of Southampton , I had high grades 98% in 10 & 11 grade , IELTS 6.0 , wonderful PS , do you think what was the reason? :frown: :/! " I am international student and I study in Kuwait in Arabian high school .. " applied for civil engineering! :frown: :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 258
Just received my offer for Adult Nursing - very likely to firm!
Original post by Hero-H
Just received my offer for Adult Nursing - very likely to firm!

Congratulations. I'm still waiting for feedback from the 17th as well. So hoping it'll be soon x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending