The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AndiaChanda
Me too 😃.
Have you sent your application yet? If you have, have you gotten an offer?

I haven't. Have you?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Hi, i'm applying for the distance learning environmental design sep 2015! anyone is applying for the same course? anyone has an idea about how to get financial aid or scholarship? do I need to submit it first or while applying or can be after getting an offer?

regards
Hi! I'm applying for both Biomedical Science (Standard Route) and Biomedical Science (Neurology). My application has gone and I've had two other offers (York and Lincoln) but Cardiff is really my favourite (hence the applying for two courses). I was just so impressed on the open day, not just by the course but the whole university and the city. The SU looks amazing, the accommodation is really nice but not crazy expensive and Cardiff itself is just amazing. I've only heard good things about it, so now I'm just sitting with my fingers constantly crossed waiting for an offer! At lot of people at my school have questioned my university choices because with my AS and predicted A2 grades, i could potentially get into Oxbridge/London Uni's, but I just fell in love with Cardiff and really don't want to go anywhere else.
- What course are you applying for?
Pharmacy
- What are you currently studying?
Biology, Chemistry and English Literature
- Why Cardiff University?
I love the look of the city (I am a massive Dr Who and Casualty fan... and I love rugby!) and the university is incredibly well respected. Also it's about 4 hours by train so it's not too bad to get to. Course looks pretty good and the % first time pass rates for the final exams are excellent too!
- Have you attended any open days or visits to the University?
Well I have an interview on Wednesday... I've not been to an open day though.
Hi everyone. I have applied to Politics and International Relations. Is anyone applying to this course here?
Do you know how long does it take to them to make an offer?
I already received 4 offers from my choices and I'm waiting for Cardiff. I'm thinking of choosing it as insurance , that's why I'm a little bit unpatient.
hey I'm applying to pharmacy too! sending off my application form next week! good luck on your interview!! and jw, whag were your predicted grades? :smile:

Original post by ThePhoenixLament
- What course are you applying for?
Pharmacy
- What are you currently studying?
Biology, Chemistry and English Literature
- Why Cardiff University?
I love the look of the city (I am a massive Dr Who and Casualty fan... and I love rugby!) and the university is incredibly well respected. Also it's about 4 hours by train so it's not too bad to get to. Course looks pretty good and the % first time pass rates for the final exams are excellent too!
- Have you attended any open days or visits to the University?
Well I have an interview on Wednesday... I've not been to an open day though.
Original post by itszainab
hey I'm applying to pharmacy too! sending off my application form next week! good luck on your interview!! and jw, whag were your predicted grades? :smile:

I know- I've seen you around on the stalking pages :tongue: My predicted grades are AAB but an ABB offer would be lovely (and also unfortunately unlikely!). You?
haha didnt realise I used tsr that much! :tongue: ah theyre good! & mine are A*BB! me too ABB would be great! where else have u applied? :smile:

I know- I've seen you around on the stalking pages :tongue: My predicted grades are AAB but an ABB offer would be lovely (and also unfortunately unlikely!). You?
Original post by itszainab
haha didnt realise I used tsr that much! :tongue: ah theyre good! & mine are A*BB! me too ABB would be great! where else have u applied? :smile:

Ah no you don't- I just live on TSR :tongue: A*?! Woah what's that in?
I've applied to UEA, Keele, Reading and QUB asides from that. :smile:
A* in English Lang and Bs in sciences! haha and for me, as well as Cardiff, UCL Manchester UCLAN and LJMU :smile:

Ah no you don't- I just live on TSR :tongue: A*?! Woah what's that in?
I've applied to UEA, Keele, Reading and QUB asides from that. :smile:
Original post by Andreea1!
Hi everyone. I have applied to Politics and International Relations. Is anyone applying to this course here?
Do you know how long does it take to them to make an offer?
I already received 4 offers from my choices and I'm waiting for Cardiff. I'm thinking of choosing it as insurance , that's why I'm a little bit unpatient.

i have applied for the same course as you.. but haven't send my Personal statement yet
best of luck to u
Reply 51
Anyone applying for Modern History and Politics? Have you got an offer yet?
Reply 52
Original post by No brainer1
Has anyone received an offer for Biomedical science at cardiff? Thanks

I did on 07/11/14 after having sent off my application on 11/10/14 as I am applying for dentistry.

You?
Original post by borysek01
I haven't. Have you?

Yes I have, I applied six days ago. Got an acknowledgement email of my application [from cardiff] four days ago. But no offer :frown:
Has anyone applied to Cardiff Law? and got an offer yet?
I've had offers from everyone except Cardiff now. They only got my application a week and a bit ago, but i'm already getting impatient!
Original post by EmmaDalby97
I've had offers from everyone except Cardiff now. They only got my application a week and a bit ago, but i'm already getting impatient!

When did you apply to UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aisha 56
i have applied for the same course as you.. but haven't send my Personal statement yet
best of luck to u

Take courage and send it !! Wish you the best with your application!!
Original post by meeeeee7
When did you apply to UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It got to Uni's October 2nd, but it's all good now, literally 5 minutes after posting this I got an offer through from Cardiff! I'm absolutely over the moon :biggrin:
Original post by No brainer1
Has anyone received an offer for Biomedical science at cardiff? Thanks

I just got mine through this evening :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending