The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys :smile: Did somebody choose private accomodation ? I choose it,so I am wondering if I am the only one :biggrin:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Halim
I am doing civil engineering but I live in Cardiff anyway so I ain't going to be be living in halls and that.

I'm also doing civil engineering:biggrin: i am in cartwright court though
Original post by lenigerian
I'm also doing civil engineering:biggrin: i am in cartwright court though

same im doing civil engineering too:smile: and im also in cartwright court what flat are you?
Original post by malinovab
Hi guys :smile: Did somebody choose private accomodation ? I choose it,so I am wondering if I am the only one :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im thinkin of tht next yr lemme know if u like :tongue:
Hi guys
Is anyone here starting their first year in architectural engineering? :smile:
Hey guys, I'm doing the Translation course, is anybody here doing it too? :smile:
Reply 1026
Any computer science students around? Studying one of the newer courses on offer: applied software engineering. Living by the SU in one of the student houses.
Original post by slurp
Any computer science students around? Studying one of the newer courses on offer: applied software engineering. Living by the SU in one of the student houses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im thinking of switching to it if i can. I live close so i wouldnt have to move which is nice coz id never be able to pack all this again aha
Hey all,

My sister has just moved into accommodation on campus and she's really not happy with who she's moved in with which may cause problems when it comes to freshers night life. Her flatmates don't really go out or drink, but she wants to go out! :eek3:

Is anybody around that might be in a similar position, or is in a hall that is going out and willing to take in a straggler, who might want to meet up and go out during freshers?

It might seem that it's a bit cringe that we're doing this through TSR, but Facebook doesn't really have any alternatives and it's a bit of a desperate situation. :frown:
Original post by Roving Fish
Hey all,

My sister has just moved into accommodation on campus and she's really not happy with who she's moved in with which may cause problems when it comes to freshers night life. Her flatmates don't really go out or drink, but she wants to go out! :eek3:

Is anybody around that might be in a similar position, or is in a hall that is going out and willing to take in a straggler, who might want to meet up and go out during freshers?

It might seem that it's a bit cringe that we're doing this through TSR, but Facebook doesn't really have any alternatives and it's a bit of a desperate situation. :frown:

Hey!
Sounds like a laugh, I move in tomorrow.
What kind of stuff is she into? Also which halls?
PM me if you like :smile:
Hey all,

There are a couple of really outgoing flats in the accommodation area I'm in, Cartwright Court that would be happy to help a straggler. The problem is I don't know how to initiate it because I don't really go out or drink. I'm friends with a few people, but again, it might be a little embarrassing for your sister to be introduced as someone who really needed someone to drink with and had to do it through TSR.

The best option for her would be to talk to some people in the flats next to hers and see if they want to go out. That way she'd be able to go out and possibly meet some people that would happily welcome her.
Original post by multifarious
X

Hi there,

The problem is, the flat above/below seem to be international students too! It's so strange that she'd be put in with int. students as accommodation people usually try and keep all int. students together.

I get what you mean with the TSR thing, really, but gave her some advice and she headed down to the SU bar last night. I think she went out but it's 6.30am so haven't had time to catch up with her today. Hopefully she managed to network a bit as I think it's a really ****ty start to uni if you've been bunged in with people who really don't go out/are introverted.

Original post by MaskforRacoon
Hey!
Sounds like a laugh, I move in tomorrow.
What kind of stuff is she into? Also which halls?
PM me if you like :smile:

I'll let you know once I've caught up with her today. :smile:
Hey all,

hey. I'm in Senghennydd Hall house 1. we get people from all over our area, court and aberdare with the same issue so I'm sure she could come out with me and my flatmates if she wanted to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeemsToBe
Posted from TSR Mobile

Im thinkin of tht next yr lemme know if u like :tongue:

I am really happy with it ,because I know my mates. The place is good and close to everything and it is really cheap :smile:
Original post by kbro7
Hi guys! I firmed my unconditional offer for dental hygiene, anyone else doing similar? 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! sorry im new to student room, just browsing about dental hygiene at Cardiff uni! if you don't mind me asking what qualifications do you have that helped you get a confirmed place? ive applied for 2016 entry and awaiting on a decision! (also how long did it take them to let you know by once you sent your application?) thanks!! :smile: xxx
Original post by Ffion_Mair
I went to the open day yesterday and I've definitely decided that it's going to be my firm choice!

I'll be applying for occupational therapy for September 2015 entry.

Hi, I'm applying this year for OT, ive had my interview. But how long did you wait to here a reply??????
Reply 1036
I'm doing a 3 year Biochem degree and just wondering if anybody knows of the feasibility of doing an additional year of working in industry.
Hello, first year Social Science student at Cardiff here, my flatmate does BioChem, you can do an additional year in industry but it is very competitive and you'll have to do well (as in one of the best of the group) in your first year to be considered, hope that helps.
Original post by malinovab
it's one of my options
Reply 1039
Looking for someone to take over my contract at Northgate house apartments, Collegiate property.It is a premier studio with a personal kitchen / All Bills Included. For the term 2016/2017. It has a brilliant city centre location. Located at Kingsway right across The Cardiff Castle.

Kindly revert back for details!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending