The Student Room Group

Quitting university after first few months and should I go for that course

I am still pretty confused if I should go to the uni I got an offer from through clearing. I got the offer from Greenwich to do Biomedical Science, however I went for pharmacy originally. The uni starts on the 15th which is really soon and I haven't got an awful lot sorted... at all. I am so scared and I didn't like the uni very much at all but it's the next best thing.

My past sixthform support officer is telling me to just go, but I don't see the rush. If I don't go this year I won't get on to a science course next year. I don't know what to do...

What happens if you don't like the uni etc? Can you quit and would you still have the debt?
Unless you're sure that you want to go, then don't. Taking a gap year isn't a bad thing and you can use it to gain some work experience and resit some exams.
Nowhere does it say you have to go to Uni - this year or any other year. If you aren't convinced Greenwich is for you, then don't go.

On the other hand - would you be feeling this anxious if you had gone to either of your initial choices? Most people about to go off to Uni will also be feeling excited/nervous, which is very normal and totally understandable. But once they get there, they find its all okay, and a few weeks later they've forgotten what they were worried about.

Have you visited the campus? This might help it all seem a bit less worrying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending