The Student Room Group

too many daddy long legs around, help!

there were 4 daddy long legs in my bathroom yesterday throughout the evening and i was wondering is anyone else having this problem? and have you got any tips on how to get rid of them or stop them getting in the bathroom at all? (apart from closing the window:P). Cowering in a corner in the bathroom as far a way as possible from the daddy long legs is getting a bit repetitive now,lol:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
turn lights off.

ie. i had my window fully open, curtains open, light on., daddy long legs all over. hoovered them up/burnt them, closed curtains, dimmed light - no daddy long legs.

:rolleyes:
Reply 2
thanks,but it might not be a good idea to shower in the dark,lol
Reply 3
You're not the only one with the problem. Since the beginning of July I've had an invasion of them. They have tiny grey bodies and seriously long legs which is totally disgusting. Sometimes I even see baby ones.

No matter how much me and mum try to get rid of them they always come back with their troops. I have a feeling there's a nest somewhere in the house where they're breeding or something. Another reason could be the hot weather that has brought them out again because when the temperatures had slighty dropped a few weeks ago we never saw a single one.

Unless my house went under fumigation then it might solve the problem :smile:
I use Raid Fly Killer Spray to get rid of them. One squirt and they're down but sometimes I have spray more for the stubborn ones.
Reply 4
Yeah loads of them!

Let me get this right... are daddy long legs the ones without wings, because I always thought they had wings until the g/f laughed at me.

What are the ones with wings called then?
i left all 4 of my windows open...cam back two days later with spiders EVERY WHERE along with evil evil evil moths :frown:
Navajo
Yeah loads of them!

Let me get this right... are daddy long legs the ones without wings, because I always thought they had wings until the g/f laughed at me.

What are the ones with wings called then?

No, they do have wings...
Reply 7
say 'Eb said shoo... now, she's not even joking if you don't move she will toebung your skinny little legs to china... then you'll be sorry'
Reply 8
They're daddy long legs...not winged tarantula's...
Reply 9
Onearmedbandit
No, they do have wings...

so what are the ones without wings?

and don't say spiders
Reply 10
OH MY GOD thank god somebody else is having this problem, i thought i was the only one! the one that lived in my shower for ages has just had babies, and i don't mean one, two three... i mean about 20 bloody daddy long legs. my mum hoovered them out i think :p:
According to my mum, it's 'spider season' right now :frown:

Sad as it is, in my room right now, I have a big spider net over my window. It's basically a chopped up washing basket bag thingy (one of those fabric ones with the little holes in it which sit on a wooden frame) which has been sellotaped to my wall, over the window. Seems to do the trick though, although it'll rip a bit of plaster off the wall when/if I have to take it down.

Oh, and apparently the ones without wings are called 'tommy spinners' although I'd never heard of them until a few days ago...
Reply 12
Kim and Aggie, the freaky cleaning ladies, said to put Citronella (a lemony spray stuff) over the walls to keep bugs at bay because they hate it. So you could try spritzing that around your bathroom.
eat them. they taste nice with marmite.
Reply 14
Aughhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Woke up at 6am with 10 in my room, had to catch/kill them all and then I was too wide awake to go back to sleep!

:frown:
Reply 15
Navajo
Aughhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Woke up at 6am with 10 in my room, had to catch/kill them all and then I was too wide awake to go back to sleep!

:frown:

i would have ran out the room and not gone back in there until someone else got rid of them all,lol
Why do you all hate daddy long legs? Just pick them up by the legs and put them out the window. Problem solved. :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Because they have long legs and small bodies and are therefore disgusting :frown:
one was chasing me yesterday in the kitchen <_<
Reply 18
they are always on the garage door. when i see them, i run screaming. easy.
Navajo
so what are the ones without wings?

and don't say spiders

harvestmen or....

spiders.

Latest