The Student Room Group

Am I doing the right A Levels?

Hey, I just started sixth form. The option blocks at my sixth form were slightly changed, which resulted in there being an option block which had no a levels that I wanted to do, or was relevant to what career path I want to follow in the future (I want to be a Midwife or Nurse). I ended up picking Government and Politics. The other a levels I'm doing are Biology, Psychology and French. Are these a-levels okay altogether, or is government and politics completely irrelevant and I should try something else in the block?

-whitney
Reply 1
That's fine.

It depends what else is in the block, to be honest, but in terms of midwifery/nursing your other subjects are fine and you're not missing out anything key. If gov & pol looks like the most interesting then go with it :smile:
Reply 2
They seem okay, if you don't mind me asking what else was in this block?
Original post by Artimus
They seem okay, if you don't mind me asking what else was in this block?

Business & Economics, Geography and English (I really don't like english)
Original post by Nymthae
That's fine.

It depends what else is in the block, to be honest, but in terms of midwifery/nursing your other subjects are fine and you're not missing out anything key. If gov & pol looks like the most interesting then go with it :smile:

I'll just stick with government and politics. Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by whitneyalexia
Business & Economics, Geography and English (I really don't like english)

Well, nothing in the block is relevant so I'd recommend you just pick the subject you enjoy the most, and can do well in.

Quick Reply

Latest