The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hello. I had my interview. You spend a good hour having an induction presentation, then within the group of people you are with you decide who is going first etc (try and go first, really long wait). Then I went into the room and they questions like why do you want to be a paramedic, what is the definition of a paramedic, what type of person are you etx. They didn't ask anything about the recent things within paramedic science which was good! There is some real tough competition and a lot of people with more experience than me so I felt a little let down and I really don't think I got in. But all the best for you! You really have to sell yourself!
Good luck
Congratulations to you both :smile: it was nice meting you, but unfortunately we won't be attending Hertfordshire together :frown: oh well, there are 4 more chances I guess
Original post by cityrebecca
Congratulations to you both :smile: it was nice meting you, but unfortunately we won't be attending Hertfordshire together :frown: oh well, there are 4 more chances I guess

No dont say that you might be on the waiting list. Not all of us will accept herts offer.
Well done guys, I'm sat in my hotel room in medway making sure I've got stuff to talk about tomorrow incase l get through lol.

For those going medway tomorrow I'll see you at 9, I'll be the slightly crazy one with dark purple hair in my black suit, hope my hair doesn't put the tutors off :-s
Original post by FirstAidGirl
Well done guys, I'm sat in my hotel room in medway making sure I've got stuff to talk about tomorrow incase l get through lol.

For those going medway tomorrow I'll see you at 9, I'll be the slightly crazy one with dark purple hair in my black suit, hope my hair doesn't put the tutors off :-s

I've called it a night!!! No more revision tonight! My brain is tired already and I've still got a full day, well hopefully a full day ahead of me tomorrow.! So hope I get through.

I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow, if I spot you I'll say hi!!
Hey... Thanks very much for letting me know, I really appreciate it.

Don't get down, I'm sure you did very well. You had to be one of the better ones to even get an interview in the first place!

But yeah, thanks again. I really hope you get a place!
Hi all, I know its pretty late to mention this as it is getting late in thd application stages: for those who are thinking of HEMS work (air ambulance) at some point in the future I would really recommend anglia ruskin as we have got great links with Essex+Herts air ambulance, both campuses have got guest lecturers from them plus their clinical governance day was held at ARU today (where 2 lucky students were offered the chance for a days fly out with them, and there has been a promise of more observational shifts to be offered over the duration of the course)

I'll be the black chick. Most probably the only one lol x
Original post by aspiringpara
No dont say that you might be on the waiting list. Not all of us will accept herts offer.

Nah, i got rejcted :frown: oh well
Well done to people in the interviews. What did everyone wear? I've been advised to wear a suit but not too sure. And did many people take family with them or go alone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The help booklet my collage gave me said that they look for passion for the role. I don't know much about the Bradley report as it focused on English services and I'm in Wales, but I am learning about new techniques and protocols being introduced here. Will it matter that I don't know much about the Bradley report?

Thank you, and i'm not sure about the Bradley report for you but it cant do any harm to have a bit of knowledge on how services are across the border I suppose :smile:
Has anyone heard anything from Sheffield Hallam yet? :confused:
I'll be the black chick. Most probably the only one lol x

How did you get on today!? We wasn't sure if you went through or not!?
Original post by Kenny17
How did you get on today!? We wasn't sure if you went through or not!?

I missed it by a mark lol. I made dumb mistakes. If i had time to check properly i would have been fine. To honest medway was never gonna happen like i said i was using it as a tester. Now i know how the tests are I'm ready for tomorrow as i need avery hill! How was your interview? Was i the only one called out?
I missed it by a mark lol. I made dumb mistakes. If i had time to check properly i would have been fine. To honest medway was never gonna happen like i said i was using it as a tester. Now i know how the tests are I'm ready for tomorrow as i need avery hill! How was your interview? Was i the only one called out?

I bet it was that cooking time question too!! That got a few people. That's just bad luck... I'm sure you'll do fine tomorrow.

I'm not totally sure. We were left in that room wondering if people were getting called for interview or being told they were unsuccessful. Think there was one other girl who didn't make it.

Yeah it was ok actually, very chilled and that put me at ease. Not sure how well I did though, it's harde to judge.

You doing any revision before tomorrow?!
Original post by Kenny17
I bet it was that cooking time question too!! That got a few people. That's just bad luck... I'm sure you'll do fine tomorrow.

I'm not totally sure. We were left in that room wondering if people were getting called for interview or being told they were unsuccessful. Think there was one other girl who didn't make it.

Yeah it was ok actually, very chilled and that put me at ease. Not sure how well I did though, it's harde to judge.

You doing any revision before tomorrow?!

Yeah the cooking question through me and it took out two marks cos i couldn't answer the second one lol. I just be revising ordering decimals cos the rest i just got wrong cos i miss counted. I need to ensure i double check tomorrow!
Yeah the cooking question through me and it took out two marks cos i couldn't answer the second one lol. I just be revising ordering decimals cos the rest i just got wrong cos i miss counted. I need to ensure i double check tomorrow!

Good plan but Try not to put too much pressure on yourself! Like you said, it was a silly mistake and you won't make it again!!

I'll see your bright and early tomorrow! You in for 0900 too?
No i am 11. good luck x
No i am 11. good luck x

Will i I might see you between tests or something, if not then I wish you all the best!
Let me know how it goes.
How did the interviews go today!!!?

Quick Reply

Latest