The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone. I applied for greenwich, Hertfordshire and Canterbury last week. Has anyone had any responses from any of these unis yet? I know its only been a week i am just really nervous!
Reply 81
Original post by aspiringpara
Hey everyone. I applied for greenwich, Hertfordshire and Canterbury last week. Has anyone had any responses from any of these unis yet? I know its only been a week i am just really nervous!

I applied to Herts when applications first opened got a response within a week, got my interview next week! Good luck x
Oh wow. Well done. Is it just me or is everyone scared of not getting in. Lol
Reply 83
Oh wow. Well done. Is it just me or is everyone scared of not getting in. Lol

That's because its very competitive, but if you have good experience, say the right things and come across well at interview it won't be a problem!
Who did an Access course? I have just finished mine and have met my uni requirements but I don't have GCSEs at A to C i am now 26 n refuse to go and do GCSE's all over again as some of the unis say the maths i do with my access course is the equivalent so its fine. However, i still am worried it matters. Anyone else who doesn't have GCSEs?
Original post by bex23
That's because its very competitive, but if you have good experience, say the right things and come across well at interview it won't be a problem!

Do you have to do a numeracy and literacy entry test for Hertfordshire?
Hey everyone,

I'm wanting to do Paramedic Practice at Teeside, I'm currently a PTS apprentice with the North East Ambulance Service, I went out on an observation shift with A&E on Saturday and they let me get involved with CPR which was a fantastic experience.
I feel like I have good relevant experience but I need some sort of level 3 and that's going to be difficult to obtain with working 40 hours a week. Is anyone in a similar boat or has done a distance learning access to HE course?
Jess
I have done an access course at college and that was intense! To do a distance learning i imagine you would have to be very dedicated and organised. Working 40hrs and doing an online access course i would think would be quite difficult but i suppose it depends on the person.
I have done an access course at college and that was intense! To do a distance learning i imagine you would have to be very dedicated and organised. Working 40hrs and doing an online access course i would think would be quite difficult but i suppose it depends on the person.

Well I get the weekend off plus a day through the week so I think i'd have enough time to study, my apprenticeship ends on the 7th April 2015 so I could get a part time job after that, hopefully still within the service. I'll have to work something out because I know for sure I want to do it, what experience have you done and what makes you want to be a Para?
Hey everyone,

Here at University Campus Suffolk (UCS) we offer a three year full-time BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science degree which starts in March each year. We are still accepting applications for March 2015 as well as deferred applications for entry in March 2016.

Entry requirements for our degree are 300 UCAS tariff points (equivalent of 3 B's at A-Level) as well as 5 GCSE's including Maths, English and Science. We prefer students that have studied a science subject in their A Levels or equivalent due to the science content within the degree.

If anyone would like anymore info please feel free to reply to this thread or visit http://www.ucs.ac.uk/Courses/UG/Paramedic-Science/BSc-%28Hons%29-Paramedic-Science.aspx

Thanks for reading,

Chris G^ UCS Admissions :smile:
Hi everyone thought I'd introduce myself, sent my application off 2 days ago and I have applied to Hertfordshire, UEA, Brighton, Northampton and UWE have had acknowledgements from Herts and UWE. Anyone know how long any of them take to respond (whether it be rejection, interviews etc.)??? Thanks in advance x
I have been told Hertfordshire take a while to respond. They most probably wont reply till the new year. If you do hear anything bk from them though, let me know because i have applied for herts aswell. Good luck x
Hi Suffolk. Would love to start in March sadly my access course doesn't finish till April may time. I haven't even applied to my university's yet even though my ucas is done as I'm waiting on my college to send it off they are a tad slow so I'm a little worried
Reply 93
Sent my application off a week ago and thus far, I don't have any offers for interview apart from conformation that my application has been received and reviewed by all 5 uni's. Crazily though, today i got a conditional offer from one of my uni's, Portsmouth, for Human physiology?!?! I was like WTFF? Clearly the university has made a mistake since my UCAS conformation email has stated all my courses are for Paramedic Science. Also the email I received from Portsmouth stated my course when they advised me that they have been sent my application. Have emailed the admissions team at Portsmouth uni about the mix up, but don't expect a reply until at least money. Jeez, as if the stress wasn't enough :s-smilie:
Reply 94
I remember people complained a lot about Portsmouth offering places on 'more suited courses' when I applied last year-lots of angry people , hopefully you can sort it out by talking with them
Reply 95
Original post by cacatron
I remember people complained a lot about Portsmouth offering places on 'more suited courses' when I applied last year-lots of angry people , hopefully you can sort it out by talking with them

Kinda ridiculous considering people would have applied for the course they're suggesting if they actually wanted to do it. Shouldn't be too hard to just respect the students decision and push forward with the ACTUAL course they applied to :angry:
Offering people plsces on other courses is not restricted to health related courses. It is also a tactic to try and get you to come to them if you end up not holding a offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Hi all, sent my UCAS off early last week and received 3 confirmations. Applied to: Sheffield Hallam, Teesside, Liverpool John Moores, Coventry, and Staffordshire. Very nervous, I'll be 19 when the course starts and have been a CFR for a while now so hopefully give me some chance. Luckily if everything doesn't go to plan I've been accepted to work as a healthcare assistant but since I'm a college not flexible enough but will be able to work if I don't get in to uni this year! Good luck to everyone!!
Charlie
Original post by CNH1996
Hi all, sent my UCAS off early last week and received 3 confirmations. Applied to: Sheffield Hallam, Teesside, Liverpool John Moores, Coventry, and Staffordshire. Very nervous, I'll be 19 when the course starts and have been a CFR for a while now so hopefully give me some chance. Luckily if everything doesn't go to plan I've been accepted to work as a healthcare assistant but since I'm a college not flexible enough but will be able to work if I don't get in to uni this year! Good luck to everyone!!
Charlie

Good luck Charlie!
Original post by paramedicman82
Hi Suffolk. Would love to start in March sadly my access course doesn't finish till April may time. I haven't even applied to my university's yet even though my ucas is done as I'm waiting on my college to send it off they are a tad slow so I'm a little worried

Hi there!

Thanks for your reply. If you are interested in UCS you can apply now to start in March 2016, that way you will go through the Admissions and Selection process this year and you are all ready to go for the following year.

As long as your application is in by Jan 15th you should be ok. Universities must consider all applicants that apply by the Jan 15th deadline fairly.

Let me know if you would like any more info - would be happy to help.

Good luck,
Chris G^

Quick Reply