The Student Room Group

Do universities outside UK (within EU) accept Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)?

I am currently doing 3 A levels: Politics, Psychology and French and I don't know whether I should go for an AS subject which is Law or go for the Extended Project. I understand that the EP is equivalent to an AS level, and is accepted in the universities within the United Kingdom but I don't know if universities outside the UK accept EPQ as part of the entry requirements. I don't want to go for EP if it's not accepted outside the UK since I'm aiming to go abroad so that would be a waste of time basically. PLEASE HELP REPLY ASAP!:confused:
Original post by Lk1234
I am currently doing 3 A levels: Politics, Psychology and French and I don't know whether I should go for an AS subject which is Law or go for the Extended Project. I understand that the EP is equivalent to an AS level, and is accepted in the universities within the United Kingdom but I don't know if universities outside the UK accept EPQ as part of the entry requirements. I don't want to go for EP if it's not accepted outside the UK since I'm aiming to go abroad so that would be a waste of time basically. PLEASE HELP REPLY ASAP!:confused:

It depends on the country you aim for. While A Level have to be accepted, Universities/Countries are free to make requirements due to which A Levels they accept.
Reply 2
Original post by Nathanielle
It depends on the country you aim for. While A Level have to be accepted, Universities/Countries are free to make requirements due to which A Levels they accept.

Ahh, I have emailed some universities in Ireland and I know that their education system is different to UK, but it took me by surprise as they emailed me back saying they don't accept the EPQ. :eek: Anyway, I dropped the EPQ and took Law AS instead. Thanks for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending