The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Any limit on the number of LSE courses you can apply for?

Hello! Is there still a limit on the number of LSE courses you can apply for? I read somewhere that in the past the limit was 2 but I've scoured there website and haven't found any such information for this cycle and I also noticed that there is no barrier in the UCAS application preventing one from applying to 5 courses at LSE for example (I'm not doing this of course).

Also, if one were to, for example, apply to LSE Economics and LSE Government and Economics, would including information relating to the study of and interest in government decrease one's chances of acceptance onto the straight economics course? Thank you for any help.
(edited 9 years ago)
This girl in my brother's year only applied to Yale.

lmaorejectfail now at NYU hahahahahaha
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
You can apply to as many as you like (so 5), but bear in mind that all LSE applications go through a centralised admissions office, which means that they'll know that you've applied for multiple courses. If they're more than a little different, that could be evidence to them of your disinterest in the subject, but that's the only qualm. I don't actually know what they would think, I had the same fear with their PPE and Gov/Econ course, but have since decided only to apply for PPE there. :-)
You can apply to as many as you like, but you will only receive one offer at best from them.
Reply 4
Not sure how many you can apply for however I would not make all my choices LSE. 1: Can you make a personal statement superb to a particular course instead of a general one covering them all? 2: It's hard to get into LSE and you want to have a back up plan.
Reply 5
Thank you all for the quick, relevant and accurate responses. Does anyone have any answers to the second question?
Original post by the1akshay
You can apply to as many as you like (so 5), but bear in mind that all LSE applications go through a centralised admissions office, which means that they'll know that you've applied for multiple courses. If they're more than a little different, that could be evidence to them of your disinterest in the subject, but that's the only qualm. I don't actually know what they would think, I had the same fear with their PPE and Gov/Econ course, but have since decided only to apply for PPE there. :-)

Not uncommon for Oxford PPE applicants to also apply to LSE Govt&Econs, practically similar if one will concentrate on Politics and Econs after 1st year.
Original post by collegian
Thank you all for the quick, relevant and accurate responses. Does anyone have any answers to the second question?

You can link study of Economics to national socio economic policies and politics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending