The Student Room Group

Day 1 questions

Hi
just got a few questions about the first day of uni.

What do I need to bring to register?

Could the rent payment be required before student finance payments come through? If so will the uni wait for us to pay rent!?
I heard the first payment could take 5 days!
Original post by wait-loss
Hi

Could the rent payment be required before student finance payments come through? If so will the uni wait for us to pay rent!?

1) Your uni should tell you but it might include transcripts of your most recent qualification e.g. A-Level Certificates ,and your letter confirming your student finance, possibly ID
2) if your staying in uni owned halls its unlikely
Original post by wait-loss
Hi

The paperwork that the uni requires will vary from uni to uni, but they should tell you about that.

The SF payments will take a few days to come through. If you're in uni owned halls then they will normally have a fair while to pay - my uni gave me about a month, and if you were still having problems then they were willing to wait so long as they knew what was going on with SF.
Reply 3
I remember having to take:
- passport
- SF evidence letter

Can't remember if there was anything after that. As above though, I think they usually will provide you some information, but i'd just make a judgement on what are "important documents" to make sure you have them in your halls at least, rather than at home with parents or whoever. Things like transcripts etc. may be required - but it does depend. I seem to think my university didn't ask for transcripts as confirmation comes through UCAS and official certificates weren't available at the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending