The Student Room Group

Flour on the top of rolls? why!?

Why do they put flour on the top of bread rolls!?

As I'm writing this I am eating a bread roll and it's spoilt but my mouth drying out and flour getting stuck to my top lip!

It's horrible, so why do they do it?

I sometimes go as far as wetting a piece of kitchen paper and wiping the flour off...

Am I on my own here or do other people think the same :s:

Scroll to see replies

To keep the dough from getting sticky perhaps...:biggrin:
Reply 2
And please no-one post "well buy ones without flour".

Because they they're usually dry/more expensive!
Reply 3
I know! It annoys me too. Flour on top of rolls is rubbish. It doesn't even taste nice!

Have you checked the bakery section in the supermarket? They usually do cheap rolls without flour on top.
Reply 4
Decoration, innit.
Reply 5
supertramp
I know! It annoys me too.

Ya!! :five:
I know! I absolutely hate it too, the burger van i get my bacon burgers from used to do really nice crusty rolls, without flour, but even they've got floury ones now, and its awful.
Reply 7
Eww

usually kingsmill... they make u choke on the flour... to distract you from thinking about all the carbs
Reply 8
I loathe it too. It's for decoration. Complain. See what happens.
Reply 9
Segat1
Complain. See what happens.

Shall I?
Reply 10
They might send you 1000 non flowered rolls.
Reply 11
lol... or a bunch of 10p off coupons
Reply 12
Wow. I can't spell.
Reply 13
Done...
Reply 14
Actually I cant...

Can anyone else, it wont submit..

http://www.alliedbakeries.co.uk/kingsmill/feedback.htm

Email-------------

As I'm writing this I am eating a bread roll and it's spoilt but my mouth drying out and flour getting stuck to my top lip!

It's horrible, so why do you continue to do this?

I sometimes go as far as wetting a piece of kitchen paper and wiping the flour off...

I asked some of my friends yesterday to see if I was the only one, and this is what they said:

"I know! It annoys me too. Flour on top of rolls is rubbish. It doesn't even taste nice!"

"I know! I absolutely hate it too, the burger van i get my bacon burgers from used to do really nice crusty rolls, without flour, but even they've got floury ones now, and its awful."

"usually kingsmill... they make u choke on the flour... to distract you from thinking about all the carbs"

"I loathe it too. It's for decoration. Complain. See what happens."

And the last one made me write this email.

So if you could get in touch we me please and tell me why, we'd be greatful...

Thanks in advance...
*wonders if an anti-flour-on-rolls society will be formed*
Navajo
Actually I cant...

Can anyone else, it wont submit..

http://www.alliedbakeries.co.uk/kingsmill/feedback.htm

Email-------------

It's horrible, so why do you continue to do this?

I asked some of my friends yesterday to see if I was the only one, and this is what they said:

"I know! It annoys me too. Flour on top of rolls is rubbish. It doesn't even taste nice!"

"I know! I absolutely hate it too, the burger van i get my bacon burgers from used to do really nice crusty rolls, without flour, but even they've got floury ones now, and its awful."

"usually kingsmill... they make u choke on the flour... to distract you from thinking about all the carbs"

"I loathe it too. It's for decoration. Complain. See what happens."

And the last one made me write this email.

So if you could get in touch we me please and tell me why, we'd be greatful...

Thanks in advance...

Which white rolls are they? (there are so many options available, and its stupid the amount of detail they want on the site anyway)
*adds his support, and outrage at the persistence of bakeries in flowering rolls*
They've gone too far!
I hate it.It always gets stuck to my lips then I look like a demented cat trying to get it off.
Reply 19
I love it, i eat flour by the spoonful

Spoonful i tell thee

Latest