The Student Room Group

GCSE's options HELP HELP

Hello everyone,
I need some simple but possibly detailed advice on my options. I'm currently in my second week of year 10 and I'm experiencing how my GCSE's will go about; I need help changing one of my options. I've picked History spanish Art and business studies. I found that history is really hard as even my teacher explained it will be and that kind of scared me because I do not want to fail. Like with all subjects, GCSE's will be hard but I just find it's not my thing and therefore I don't want to be stuck doing a boring subject for the next 2 years. Therefore I no longer want to do history, I want to change it to either geography, media or sociology but I'm very confused which to pick.. please help :frown: thanks:mad::biggrin::s-smilie::confused:
Geography's the most respected and isn't too bad in terms of difficulty :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by _malikaasif
Hello everyone,
I need some simple but possibly detailed advice on my options. I'm currently in my second week of year 10 and I'm experiencing how my GCSE's will go about; I need help changing one of my options. I've picked History spanish Art and business studies. I found that history is really hard as even my teacher explained it will be and that kind of scared me because I do not want to fail. Like with all subjects, GCSE's will be hard but I just find it's not my thing and therefore I don't want to be stuck doing a boring subject for the next 2 years. Therefore I no longer want to do history, I want to change it to either geography, media or sociology but I'm very confused which to pick.. please help :frown: thanks:mad::biggrin::s-smilie::confused:

Have you thought about what you want do after school? A-levels? Apprenticeship? BTEC?

Of those i'd pick geography as it is a humanity. :yep:
Reply 3
Stick with History. I did it and I'm not the best at essay writing and came out with an A, really close to an A*. It is one of the most interesting subject and you will really enjoy it. All you have to do, is go home and remember the details and everything will be fine. It actually isn't as hard as people make it out to be.
My advice, keep history as it is the most respected and is actually one of the most interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Mr...

But he doesn't like it so obviously he won't find it interesting :rolleyes:

It's better than geography - all you learn in that subject is about rocks and rivers. That is supposed to be more interesting? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi,

im in my second week of year 11, and have been doing French, history and geography.
I have enjoyed all of them apart from Geography, geography has been incredibly difficult, and I would really suggest unless your going into a very academic career such as medicine, or something similar to try and avoid geography!

History has been rather easy and enjoyable for me, its very straight forward.
My friends who do Media adore it, they are literally bursting to get to the lesson! however, its only useful in a media field of jobs when your older.
Best advice to you is to avoid Geography. 5 people or so have disliked it so much, they dropped out half way through the course.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest