The Student Room Group

Dont Meet Entry Requirments for Uni

Hi, i am currently looking around for universities to apply to this year as i am in year 13, i am looking to study Physiotherapy.
I contacted Northumbria University to ask what the minimum entry requiments are, they said that my subjects i am currently studying are acceptable as long as i meet my predicted grades.

However, they also said i need 6 GCSEs at B, i do not have this and wanted to ask if there was a way to maybe get around this and get onto the course??
Original post by FreeSlurpees
Hi, i am currently looking around for universities to apply to this year as i am in year 13, i am looking to study Physiotherapy.
I contacted Northumbria University to ask what the minimum entry requiments are, they said that my subjects i am currently studying are acceptable as long as i meet my predicted grades.

However, they also said i need 6 GCSEs at B, i do not have this and wanted to ask if there was a way to maybe get around this and get onto the course??

Unlikely. It's a very competitive course and they don't have to be kind to anyone. You will probably need to retake some GCSEs this year.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Unlikely. It's a very competitive course and they don't have to be kind to anyone. You will probably need to retake some GCSEs this year.

Im currently in my A2 year and i dont think i have the time. Can i maybe make up a reason to why i never got the 6 Bs?
Reply 3
just do the course at a different uni?
Original post by FreeSlurpees
Im currently in my A2 year and i dont think i have the time. Can i maybe make up a reason to why i never got the 6 Bs?

You can make all the excuses you like, but it won't change the fact that they want all Bs. Try calling them but don't expect them to make an exception for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending