The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Computer Science

I'm currently starting my second year at college as well as retaking my GCSE English and Maths.
I'm hoping to start University for Compute rScience at Leeds MEt or Sheffield Hallam.
I do have a few questions though.

Firstly, does anyone recommend one university over another for computer science? The entry requirements seem low for Leeds Met and I'm curious why.

Sheffield Hallam only do a BSc but Leeds Met do an MEng, is it worth staying for an extra year to do the MEng as apposed to the BSc?

I'm also wondering about tuition fees, will a student loan cover the MEng seen as it is a masters?

I'm also not sure what to do about maintenance fees as I want to stay in a dorm but I have no money and no job, I'm at college nearly all week so I struggle to fit a part time job.
My parents earn around just under £60,000 per year between them but they're selfish and do not care about my education so they won't put any money towards it. I think I can get a maintenance loan of £3,800 per year which isn't enough to cover accomodation and food.

Are there any good ideas anybody is willing to share?

Regards,

Jared

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending