The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Sssssh. Don't give away the "plan." :p: :date: <- Sorry thought this was cute! hehe.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 81
Mr Mortell
Sssssh. Don't give away the "plan." :p: :date: <- Sorry thought this was cute! hehe.

Haha. cheeky elmo
Reply 82
e-button
WOW :eek: sounds like you work in a pretty eventful store..

Probably a big understatement. The shop seems to be a magnet for re-tards and complete morons. :frown:
e-button
We for give you for not being online, but due to your worky-ness lately we expect you to get a round of drinks in for us :biggrin: That's a Southern Comfort& lemonade for me, Pepsi or Coke for Liam (I think he dislikes one of them), a non-alcoholic beverage for 007 Mark, something other than vodka for Harry...+ what everyone else wants. And a packet for ready salted :biggrin:

hmm....here's what I will do: if its still on/is sorted out soon, whoever comes to Reading next week, I will buy a drink.....maybe crisps as well if I decide to roll the boat out. :eek:
e-button
Actually if we do ever go out together, it's probably best not to do 'rounds'. After a few, I normally deny that it's my turn to get the drinks in. I pick on some poor fool and keep telling them it's their round...all night long. They occassionally belive me :biggrin: How mean am I? :frown: '

I would say "THAT'S PURE EVIL" or something like that, but its a trick I've tried myself, so fair play to you! :yy:
e-button
How time flies!!! We've not got long till the 1st :eek:

Don't remind me how disorganised I am for it! :eek:
Mr Mortell

Mortell's plan is so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ;yes;
Reply 83
Mr Mark
Mortell's plan is so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ;yes;

Hehe that made me laugh... That'll be my new catch phrase from now on :biggrin:

Aw thanks Krystal but it was just a decent picture for some reason...maybe it was the lighting :biggrin: And you can guarantee that I wont be looking my best a few weeks into the term, deprived of sleep and up for that nasty 9 o'clock lecture :eek:

Mark, forget the drinks, I've thought of something even better :biggrin: Do you get to help yourself to pick&mix in Woolworths when no one authoritative is looking?? You should stockup before you leave for Reading. F**k, I come up with the best ideas.

Are yous lot all bothering with the NUS extra thing? it says you can use it in topshop etc *WOW* I use my normal NUS for that :mad: is it worth forking out 10 precious quid for? I've read all the other stuff people have said, so you can't use the 'old' NUS card for discouts anymore? How much does that suck?
Reply 84
I got a letter off RUSU saying the extra card will save you £5 at the freshers ball so thats half the money back straight away! It seems worth it to me, I had to pay £6 for my sixth form NUS card so its not that bad!
Reply 85
£5 is good saving, like half your money back in one go - I've just ordered mine now :smile: I still don't know if it lasts for all three years though... Wooo freshers ball!! :biggrin:
Reply 86
e-button
Mark, forget the drinks, I've thought of something even better :biggrin: Do you get to help yourself to pick&mix in Woolworths when no one authoritative is looking?? You should stockup before you leave for Reading. F**k, I come up with the best ideas.

No and yes. You can't get away with free Pick & Mix because they randomly search people in the middle of shifts now and then, and they search pockets and bags on the way out (When they can be bothered). Although, because we sell some in pots, its easy to get someone to scan off a small pot of Pick and Mix while actually buying a large. :eek:
e-button
Are yous lot all bothering with the NUS extra thing? it says you can use it in topshop etc *WOW* I use my normal NUS for that :mad: is it worth forking out 10 precious quid for? I've read all the other stuff people have said, so you can't use the 'old' NUS card for discouts anymore? How much does that suck?

HarryP1987
I got a letter off RUSU saying the extra card will save you £5 at the freshers ball so thats half the money back straight away! It seems worth it to me, I had to pay £6 for my sixth form NUS card so its not that bad!

Does anyone have any idea on how long it takes for these cards to come? I've been meaning to order one for a while, but due to sheer laziness, I haven't. :frown:

£5 is a good saving for the "formal piss-up" though, so getting one is probably a must.
Reply 87
As long as you order NUS extra a few days before the 1st you should be fine! It hardly takes anytime to order one and they're sent to the uni, you just pick it up in freshers week (I think!) :smile:
Ordering online only takes about 5mins. I did mine last night.

Just do it as soon as possible just incase but it shouldn't take too long to make one. All they have to do is stick your picture on there and send it to the university.
Reply 89
I guess I better get my act together and do that today.

Also a Railcard.....and a load of other stuff for Uni.

I really am very disorganised. :frown:
Reply 90
Mr Mark
I guess I better get my act together and do that today.

Also a Railcard.....and a load of other stuff for Uni.

I really am very disorganised. :frown:

Well Mr Look-at-me-i'm-fully-catered, at least you don't have to worry about trekking down to tesco to buy loads of food :mad: I just want to spend money on fun stuff like nights out and clothes :biggrin:

Don't worry about the disorganised-ness, we've still got a few days to sort stuff out :smile:
Oh yeah I haven't done this either.
Reply 92
e-button
Well Mr Look-at-me-i'm-fully-catered, at least you don't have to worry about trekking down to tesco to buy loads of food :mad: I just want to spend money on fun stuff like nights out and clothes :biggrin:

I actually have to make my own dinners on weekends as they're not covered by catering, so I actually need to hit Tesco as well. :frown:

Nights out and clothes will of course be hit as well....and hit hard (Just like my bank balance I guess). :biggrin:
e-button
Don't worry about the disorganised-ness, we've still got a few days to sort stuff out :smile:

I've kinda being saying "I've still got a few days to sort stuff out" for several weeks/months. My "to-do" list is about 2 pages long. :eek:
Mr Mortell
Oh yeah I haven't done this either.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.....I was getting slightly worried. :cool:
Reply 93
Mmm hmm, there's just loads of little things I need to do which I'm obviously gonna forget. Get passport pictures done, buy knives & forks, etc etc. I also plan on cooking up copious amounts of my infamous lentil-stew before I go, then I can freeze them and take them with and taaadaa!!...I will hardly ever have to cook :biggrin:

Mark you're so blatantly just going to just get takeaways at the weekend :p: - OR you will try and break into my kitchen to steal my amazing red lentil concoction :eek:

I can't believe there's under a week left...I am really looking forward to it, but at the same time I kinda dont want to spend the next 3 years of my life studing :frown: I wish I could just go out and get a proper job...but have all the social bonuses of uni, just no assignments, exams etc :biggrin:
Reply 94
He's obviously not gonna want to steal lentil stew :P I reckon he's gonna be a close friend of mine now i have got a job in Subway (Oxford Road) I start on saturday :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 95
HarryP1987
He's obviously not gonna want to steal lentil stew :P I reckon he's gonna be a close friend of mine now i have got a job in Subway (Oxford Road) I start on saturday :biggrin::biggrin:

How rude!! Maybe he loves lentils? Anyways he's so obviously going to want to be my friend more... So which is it gonna be Mark! - free food OR shoes!!

Free subways and discounted shoes for everyone woooo!
Wooooooo *mexican wave*
Reply 97
Mr Mortell
Wooooooo *mexican wave*

:biggrin: !!
Reply 98
e-button
Mmm hmm, there's just loads of little things I need to do which I'm obviously gonna forget. Get passport pictures done, buy knives & forks, etc etc. I also plan on cooking up copious amounts of my infamous lentil-stew before I go, then I can freeze them and take them with and taaadaa!!...I will hardly ever have to cook :biggrin:

Mark you're so blatantly just going to just get takeaways at the weekend :p: - OR you will try and break into my kitchen to steal my amazing red lentil concoction :eek:

I can't believe there's under a week left...I am really looking forward to it, but at the same time I kinda dont want to spend the next 3 years of my life studing :frown: I wish I could just go out and get a proper job...but have all the social bonuses of uni, just no assignments, exams etc :biggrin:

You must love lentil soup...to eat nothing but that for such a long time. How long do you expect your supply will last? haha
Reply 99
e-button
How rude!! Maybe he loves lentils? Anyways he's so obviously going to want to be my friend more... So which is it gonna be Mark! - free food OR shoes!!

Free subways and discounted shoes for everyone woooo!

Sorry e-button i think subways tastes better than shoes, although having said that, the insides of new trainers do smell appertisingly good

Latest

Trending

Trending