The Student Room Group

no enrollement because of the missing IELTS

Hey guys,

I recently applied at city for a journalism master. I sent my application in the beginning of august, not thinking I would even get in. On the website it said that they want to see the IELTS results. I just assumed, that they would also accept the TOEFL test like lots of other schools do. So on the 27th of August I got a conditional offer for the programme. The condition is to turn in the IELTS, but since I just got the offer, there simply just is not enough time to take the IELTS. I mean Id totally do that, but it is just impossible. I sent them several emails, but I did not get one single response. I also called, but the lady there just said it is not possible without the IELTS.

Ive been trying to talk to them, but they just wont respond to any of my emails.

Has anyone ever been in a situation like this? do you guys know what to do?

It just would be so dissappointing to not be able to go just because of a formality like this.

If anyone knows what I can do please let me know!!!
It just would be so dissappointing to not be able to go just because of a formality like this.

They require IELTS. You don't have IELTS. The "formality" is that you are not qualified for the course. Therefore you cannot do the course.

Best you might be able to get is a deferment of your place until you have achieved IELTS.

I just assumed

And you want to be a journalist!!!
Reply 2
Original post by nonswimmer
They require IELTS. You don't have IELTS. The "formality" is that you are not qualified for the course. Therefore you cannot do the course.

Best you might be able to get is a deferment of your place until you have achieved IELTS.

And you want to be a journalist!!!

Indeed.
The removal of TOEFL is a Home Office decision not the choice of the individual university - although people who applied for their visas earlier in the year would have been admitted with TOEFL, it's too late for that now.
Reply 4
Original post by Jantaculum
The removal of TOEFL is a Home Office decision not the choice of the individual university - although people who applied for their visas earlier in the year would have been admitted with TOEFL, it's too late for that now.

That's actually not what she said... She said she was asked for IELTS and assumed TOEFL would do? I think there are some unis that have only been accepting IELTS for a while now. TOEFL seemed to have fallen out of favour for some a while ago. Not sure of why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending