The Student Room Group

Leicester or Birmingham for Genetics?

I am going to study Genetics next year and I have already chosen 4 unis, but it should be 5, so I need to decide between those two. University of Leicester or University of Birmingham? Which one is better for Genetics?
Also, mby you have an alternative option (except Oxbridge, KCL, UCL, Edinburgh or York)?
Thank you in advance!!
Original post by mrsujg
I am going to study Genetics next year and I have already chosen 4 unis, but it should be 5, so I need to decide between those two. University of Leicester or University of Birmingham? Which one is better for Genetics?
Also, mby you have an alternative option (except Oxbridge, KCL, UCL, Edinburgh or York)?
Thank you in advance!!

Well Leicester is the place where they discovered genetic fingerprinting so it's good for research. I'd say Leicester but i'm a little biased because i'm going there in a few weeks :P I applied for the genetics course at Leicester for my backup (studying Medicine) and got an unconditional and of the people I know that got unconditionals at Birmingham they had to firm it to be unconditional so Leicester could be good as a back up if you have good academics :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending