The Student Room Group

What Are The Benefits Of Being Single?

Especially for people around a certain age group (early 20s?)

Mods, keep anon or delete please :smile:
Having nobody to answer to and being able to do your own thing as and when you choose.

A chance to explore yourself, sexuality etc.
Reply 2
The benefits is what you make of it. If you enjoy being free and not having someone there it can be great. If you can enjoy NSA sex or casual sex relationships without getting attached its also great. I find lots of people cannot cope with it however and its natural to feel very lonely if you dont have someone special to open up to and be cute with.

There are benefits of being in a relationship aswell. It is an amazing feeling to wake up to a person you love in your arma. To play with her hair and to talk about anything and everything. You feel secure and make eachother happy. You can have great passionate sex with someone who loves you. But as others say the risk of heartbreak is high.

It is a difficult time for relationships tbh but I will always take a relationship over casual sex.
Reply 3
Original post by Sonify
No point getting into relationships before the age of 25 because 99.8% of the time they'll inevitably fail.

Might as well save the heart ache, have safe casual sex with whoever you want and focus on making friends. Then when you approach your late twenties focus on relationships.

Really? I'd have thought it was closer to half, not necessarily the majority :smile:

Great advice, I'm not so keen on casual sex though which makes it slightly harder :tongue: (I'm physically attractive so get my fair share of offers from guys, but not really my thing lol).
The benefits are endless! :h:
As a women, non...As a man, more money.
I'm 20, I'd been in two long term relationships from 14-18, but right now I'm the happiest.

If I've had a bad day and I want to go home, turn my phone off and just have an early night, then I can.
Without the repercussion of waking up to 30 angry texts and several missed calls (other than from friends assuming I've fallen off the face of the world).

I choose where I go, who I speak to, the people I see, what time I go out and come home, without having to argue with anyone about it. I understand that even if you're in a relationship you should still be able to make those decisions without an argument occurring, but that's not always the case.
Original post by Vikki1805
I'm 20, I'd been in two long term relationships from 14-18, but right now I'm the happiest.

If I've had a bad day and I want to go home, turn my phone off and just have an early night, then I can.
Without the repercussion of waking up to 30 angry texts and several missed calls (other than from friends assuming I've fallen off the face of the world).

I choose where I go, who I speak to, the people I see, what time I go out and come home, without having to argue with anyone about it. I understand that even if you're in a relationship you should still be able to make those decisions without an argument occurring, but that's not always the case.

If someone sends you 30 angry texts because you don't text them for one night I think they have problems...
Original post by TroyAndAbed
If someone sends you 30 angry texts because you don't text them for one night I think they have problems...

Which is why I'm single now. :pierre:
Reply 9
The ones that appeal to me are: More money, more free time, less stress, less compromise, no risk of heartbreak, and less baggage/more flexibility.

There are cons too of course.
You have more freedom outside of a relationship. Not just in relation to sex with whoever you want but you don't have someone who takes up a lot of your spare time so you can go out when you want and stay in when you want. It's also so much less stressful - you don't have to worry about whether they still like you, why they haven't replied to you, where the relationship is going etc. Keeping a relationship going looks like a lot of hard work and you have to open up a lot more than I am comfortable with.
It depends how you classify single in this question: are you single to mingle or are you just single and lonely?
benefits are

U R free
no strings attached
you dont need to care about anyone
dont need to explain where have you been what have you been doing
can pick up new chicks freely
can live life that you want
can do random stuff you want
dont need to spend money for flowers/gifts

and much more
All the food for yourself :L

You have more time for yourself and just to do whatever the hell ye like.
Reply 14
Single and lonely, none..

Single by choice, the freedom to do what you like, when you like, with no one else to consider.
You can do whatever you like, no responsibilities, commitments etc. All I've ever known, the list does go on but those are the main things in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending