The Student Room Group

What do you associate with the term 'Asian'?

Poll

Which type of Asian do you think of when you hear 'Asian'?

When someone mentions an 'Asian' person to you, what specific type of Asian do you think of (assuming the person gave no further information to indicate where said 'Asian' was from) - South Asian/East Asian/South-East Asian etc?

I personally instantly think of a person of South Asian decent, since they are the most numerous of any Asiatic peoples within the UK (refer to the 2011 UK Census).
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Generally similar to Indian people more than oriental but it's probably because there's more here than orientals, whereas in America it's the other way round, therefore 'Asian' refers to Chinese-like people.
Reply 2
Original post by Ornlu
When someone mentions an 'Asian' person to you, what specific type of Asian do you think of (assuming the person gave no further information to indicate where said 'Asian' was from) - South Asian/East Asian/South-East Asian etc?

I personally instantly think of person of South Asian decent, since they are the most numerous of any Asiatic peoples within the UK (refer to the 2011 UK Census).

China, Japan, Korea.
I think of south Asian lol. :h:
South Asian
Reply 5
Obviously south asian

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sexy south asian girls
Curry which I think is nasty
Biryani yuck as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indians and Chinese
What is up with all these Asian threads lately??
Original post by Ornlu

I personally instantly think of person of South Asian decent, since they are the most numerous of any Asiatic peoples within the UK (refer to the 2011 UK Census).

Haha good one. I personally associate it with South Asians.
South Asian too for the same reasons:smile:

And I have more south Asians friends than any other Asians! :tongue:
Used to be India, but since watching NigaHiga it's east Asia for some reason!
Orientals but that's really just because I'm oriental.

In the UK it only really means south Asians.
Original post by moonriver96
What is up with all these Asian threads lately??

People have an Asian fetish :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Depends who's saying it. A British person - South Asian. An American - East Asian. Anyone else - who ****ing knows.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
People have an Asian fetish :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

like you lol
like you lol

Yep haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk

this black guy i used to know back in sixth form liked Asian girls because they reminded him of Kim K.What's your reason?
pakistani or chinese
this black guy i used to know back in sixth form liked Asian girls because they reminded him of Kim K.What's your reason?

Lol I like Asian girls because I grew up in a majority Asian area

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending