The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

University of newcastle prospective students 2015/2016 year

Hello, here we can meet people who consider applying at Newcastle for the 2015/2016 year :smile:) i'll be first, Hi i am Stefan, I am from Bulgaria and i will apply at University of newcastle - International Business Management (IBS) . :smile:) It's your turn !

Scroll to see replies

Hi! What a coincidence! I'm from Bulgaria too : )
My name is Niya, I'm applying for Modern Languages/Modern Languages and Linguistics or the new translation degree. I haven't really decided yet.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Hello! I too am international, but American. I'm applying for Ancient History. Have you started your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I'm looking to apply for 2016 entry. Probably Japanese. Maybe with Linguistics. Who knows. But hi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for History at Newcastle uni
Hi I'm Emma, applying for 2015 entry to Newcastle for Law☺️
Reply 6
Looking to apply for computer science (security and resilience) !
Original post by Stefanvelikov18
Hello, here we can meet people who consider applying at Newcastle for the 2015/2016 year :smile:) i'll be first, Hi i am Stefan, I am from Bulgaria and i will apply at University of newcastle - International Business Management (IBS) . :smile:) It's your turn !

I'm Alex, and I have just sent my application today. I've applied for Politics (2015) :biggrin:. I'll almost certainly be firming if I don't get an offer from Durham (predicted grades are A*A*A* so lets hope I do lol), and I'll probably be staying in The View.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Alex347_
I'm Alex, and I have just sent my application today. I've applied for Politics (2015) :biggrin:. I'll almost certainly be firming if I don't get an offer from Durham (predicted grades are A*A*A* so lets hope I do lol), and I'll probably be staying in The View.

Wow! You sent it off early. I'm impressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's up everyone?! I'm Prince, and I'll be applying for Electrical and Computer Engineering at Newcastle!
Original post by Coffeetime
Wow! You sent it off early. I'm impressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yes, eager :biggrin:
I'm hoping to send my application off either next week or the week after, so excited for Uni
Haha yes, eager :biggrin:

My PS is the only thing holding me back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My PS is the only thing holding me back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that took me some time as well, and my teacher's were and actually still are dragging their feet over predicted grades
Yeah that took me some time as well, and my teacher's were and actually still are dragging their feet over predicted grades

Is newcastle your top choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is newcastle your top choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd ideally prefer to go to Durham, so second really, but I'd be very happy to go! You?
I'd ideally prefer to go to Durham, so second really, but I'd be very happy to go! You?

Oooo. Durham looks amazing. It's really a toss up for me. Right now I'm leaning more towards Exeter or Warwick. Newcastle sounds fantastic though. I'm just not sure about being so far north.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Newcastle is my top choice hopefully, I'm really basing it on my offers that I receive to be honest :smile:
Oooo. Durham looks amazing. It's really a toss up for me. Right now I'm leaning more towards Exeter or Warwick. Newcastle sounds fantastic though. I'm just not sure about being so far north.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, well I'm from here, so for me I don't want to be in the South. In fact the reason I've applied to Durham, rather than Cambridge is mostly because of location- but also I don't like the idea of an interview very much. I would have applied to SOAS, but I really could not live in London. It depends what you want really, but Newcastle is a major city and is as good as anywhere. It's not at all isolated and there are several miles of city before you get into the much talked about 'desolate' areas.
(edited 9 years ago)
Haha, well I'm from here, so for me I don't want to be in the South. In fact the reason I've applied to Durham, rather than Cambridge is mostly because of location- but also I don't like the idea of an interview very much. I would have applied to SOAS, but I really could not live in London. It depends hat you want really, but Newcastle is a major city and is as good as anywhere. It's not at all isolated and there are several miles of city before you get into the much talked about 'desolate' areas.

Im from Leeds and I just want a change of scenery, That's why I'm not applying to Leeds, Newcastle is No.1 for student life In the country I think :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest