The Student Room Group

Funniest Thing You've Been Told Off For

Scroll to see replies

brimstone
Throwing a rubber at my Science teacher's head.
Doing 'drugs' in Science class :rolleyes: (She accused me and my friends of doing drugs').
Running round pushing chairs over when the firebell went once.
Screaming slurs of hatred at my Science teacher
Trying to break into my teacher's cupboard

^^ All from the same teacher :redface:

Wearing eyeliner to maths class
Bunking my Media lessons to go to my friends IT class
Calling my Science teacher unqualifed numerous times :redface:
Refusing to move places in History when my teacher told me to
Laughing loudly in Spanish

:rofl: I was bad :redface: :biggrin:

BRILL! u win lol
What about asking the point of subjects? That works :p:

Also, pretending to drink hydrochloric acid...
Reply 22
o0o Splorgie, you rebel :rolleyes: :p:

I asked my teacher the point in having to study PSHE while we were watching a video of a woman giving birth (:puke:). She took me outside the classroom and gave me a lecture about how it was necessary and blah blah this that. :rolleyes:

Ooh , and my bastard of a Deputy Head Teacher was PSHE co-ordinator and I once asked him who my PSHE teacher was in front of a half year assembly. He proceeded to have a go at me, and I countered back by screaming at him, storming off and bunking the lesson :redface:. :biggrin: But that f***head deserved it :mad: :p:
Reply 23
splorgie

hahahahahahahaha.... my chem teacher would go so weird... she woud have no idea what to do!!! Once a girl in my chem fainted and my teacher was nearly crying because she didn't know what to do, luckily my deputy head was observing so he helped. I can just imagine how she would react if someone did that, *thinks* *laughs evilly* i might just do that....... :p:
I ask my Art teacher about the point of Art, laugh at Physics teachers, taunt Biology teachers, especially ones who call me Georgia, and call all PE teachers men behind their backs :p:

Never done that in assembly though, well done! :p: I never saw that video :p:

I am traumatised for life though because I was made to watch a video about the dangers of building sites when I was 6... you saw a little girl asphyxiate in cement powder, another child drown, another one crushed under sand... the list goes on. Still horrified by it.

OT, I had to guard the canteen/lunch hall today :frown: Was very annoying, holding back Year 7s.
splorgie

You know there was this girl at my school who drank methanol during a chemistry lesson (thought it would be like drinking an ordinary type of alcohol:rolleyes:) and she temporarily went blind and is now blind in one eye.
Reply 26
Lykabelle
You know there was this girl at my school who drank methanol during a chemistry lesson (thought it would be like drinking an ordinary type of alcohol:rolleyes:) and she temporarily went blind and is now blind in one eye.

I guess I won't drink methanol then
Reply 27
Once our history teacher accused the class of stealing a window (well...the pane of glass) :biggrin:
Reply 28
Ahh this takes me back! Year seven; one of the coldest days of the year. My two friends and I go into the form room five minutes before we're allowed to, because it starts to tip it down.

Unfortunately our head of year found us in there and gave us all community service. :eek: At the time we were so petrified- they normally give it to people who are caught smoking on the way to school or with lighters at school etc.. yet we'd only been in the form room early. We were held up as the example of what happens to you if you ever venture in there forevermore (well, until year 10 when we could go in there whenever anyway. :smile:)
Optimistic
I guess I won't drink methanol then

That's good, please don't:p:. It's good to know that i'm educating people on the forums and diverting them from potential danger :wink:
splorgie
I ask my Art teacher about the point of Art, laugh at Physics teachers, taunt Biology teachers, especially ones who call me Georgia, and call all PE teachers men behind their backs :p:

Never done that in assembly though, well done! :p: I never saw that video :p:

I am traumatised for life though because I was made to watch a video about the dangers of building sites when I was 6... you saw a little girl asphyxiate in cement powder, another child drown, another one crushed under sand... the list goes on. Still horrified by it.

OT, I had to guard the canteen/lunch hall today :frown: Was very annoying, holding back Year 7s.

Lmfao! Someone asked our Art teacher about the point of Art and got well *******ed for it, well the whole class did aswell because we all thought it was funny, pmsl!
Reply 31
Throwing a fireball (small hard sweet) at my physics teacher...

Knocking under the desk in french, the teacher went to the door and thought someone had played a knock and run, until she seen me laughing sooo hard

Got sent to the head of year for farting in geography class in front of my teacher( i didnt know it was his turn), bit harsh imo...
Once got told of for swearing in a conversation with the only teacher who actually minded swearing... :rolleyes::frown:
Reply 33
calcium878
Once got told of for swearing in a conversation with the only teacher who actually minded swearing... :rolleyes::frown:

Of all of the chances.. :p:
I'm afraid I was rather a goody two shoes :redface: so I don't have many stories of my own, but I do have some funny ones about whole classes/yeargroups/other people.

Year 7
-We had this really horrible science teacher who was always having a go at us and keeping us in at lunch for no real reason, so once when he did it, we all started singing this song we'd just learnt in French at the top of our lungs every time he tried to talk. After a few minutes, it got on his nerves so much, he let us go and never mentioned it again!
-I was walking along the corridor to an art lesson and a girl in my class (also my tutor group) who I really hated pushed me, so I pushed her back harder than she expected (actually I don't think she expected me to retaliate at all) and caught her off guard. She fell backwards into a teacher who hand't seen me push her, so she got told off and I just stood there laughing at her.

Year 8
-My maths teacher couldn't control the class to save his life and was always sending people out of the room. Once he made the mistake of saying 'anyone who doesn't want to learn can just get out!' and out went about 3/4 of the class, so there ended up being about 21 kids crammed in the corridor outside and about 7 of us left in the clasroom! Unfortunately for everyone who left, our Head of Year happened to be walking around in that area and caught them all!
-My science teacher was always late because he had to travel from Upper School, so we created havoc in the corridor outside our classroom, being really noisy, making faces through the doors at people in other classes and making other teachers come out and shout at us. Needless to say, our teacher always arrived at the worst possible moments and caught us.
-Our D & T teacher was called Mr. Good and we found out his first name was Justin, so people used to come in just as the lesson was starting and say 'Just in good time!', at which point everyone burst out laughing. Later that year, we had a different teacher who caught my friend and I playing Solitaire, but she let us off a detention because everyone else was messing about as well.
-Our history/RE teacher was also a complete pushover. All everyone had to do was start chanting her name and she burst into tears and fled the room! At which point the Head of Department and Head of Year came in to lecture everyone about how we were the top set and we weren't supposed to do things like that.
-One of my friends wasn't wearing her tie for some reason, so when our Head of Year saw her, he asked her where her tie was, but she thought he'd asked her the time, so she just said she didn't have it and carried on walking. 'WHERE'S YOUR TIE?' 'I DON'T HAVE IT!' This carried on for a couple of minutes, both of them getting louder every time, until she eventually realised she'd misheard him.
-The same teacher was taking the register for my tutor group once and he was one of those teachers who got really annoyed if you didn't say 'sir', so when another of my friends just said 'here', it was like 'EILEEN?' 'HERE!' again with both of them getting louder, until I managed to attract her attention and tell her to add 'sir.'
-Another friend was wearing bright orange trainers intead of black shoes and deliberately walked right past the Head of Lower School kicking her feet up as high as she could. All he said was 'why are you walking like that?'
-Another friend had a rather nasty habbit of wrapping up her chewing up, dropping it and kicking it over her shoulder, but once when we were walking out of school at the end of the day, it nearly hit our Head of Year, who needless to say wasn't very impressed! She dragged me along with her when he called over, so I had to rapidly try and contain my laughter!
-I got a filthy look from my Head of Year for talking in assembly. I was actually swearing at another girl, so thank God he didn't hear what I said or he would have gone mental, but it really annoyed me at the time that the other girl, who'd swore at me first, got away with it.

Year 9
-We had a cover teacher for maths who most of us had had for D & T at some point and who always got picked on and we all said 'here, miss' instead of 'here, sir' when he was calling the register.
-My science teacher was a total pushover and we used to get the Bunsen Burners out every lesson, even when we had no use for them whatsoever, to get green flames by burning 20p coins.
-In D & T, one of my friends went around shutting the power off at random intervals to annoy everyone using the machines, and even though she was caught red-handed, she got away with it becuase she was 'good' like me.
-In music, we convinced our teacher that the alarm wouldn't go off if she opened the fire door, but of course it did and it was going off for ages while she sent someone to find the caretaker.
-We had a couple of assemblies where our Head of Year went ballistic and kept everyone back at break, but in the first time it was for talking when he was off talking to someone else and hadn't even told us to be quiet and the second was when someone made a comment about the group who were performing for us. I think it was because we had guests, so the school's reputation was at stake and all that stuff.
-There was a protest, which stated as a petition but then turned into people walking out of lessons and getting the local paper involved, because girls had to wear navy skirts/trousers and we wanted to wear black. I think the ringleaders got suspended, but they did actually change the uniform about a year later.

Surprisingly nothing much seemed to happen in Year 10, at least that I can remember.

Year 11
-My friends and I always used to get told off in English for passing notes, taking, drawing on each other and generally being hyper because we all sat together at the back.
-My best friend said an extrememly rude word about our maths teacher, not realising that he was standing right behind her when she said it! Luckily he was old and a bit deaf!
-My horrible and useless D & T teacher was called Mr. Vanderburg and one of the girls in my class always called him Mr. Vanderburger, as well as questioning him about his boyfriend who most of his had seen him with in town at some point. He always had a go at me over really petty things like my washing up not being completely dry before I put it away, putting things in the wrong place or making mistakes when cooking, conveniently ignoreing the fact that he sat on his backside stuffing his face every lesson while most of the class sat there chatting, texting, calling, listening to music and God knows what else.
-One of our media studies teachers had no control whatsoever, and because most of the class were chavs anyway, the lessons just turned into paper areoplanes being thrown everywhere and things like that. We all had to write apology letters when our other teacher found out.

Year 12
-One of my friends kept getting told off in English for sitting on the floor and eating, which was quite bizzare
-One of our history teachers was a complete feminist and we used to wind her up so much by getting someone to say something like 'girls should just stay at home, cook, clean and look after their kids'. She fell for it every single time and went off on one of her long rants. We also pulled the age old trick of moving the clock foward when she left the room, so we got out early and by the time she realised what we'd done, we'd all gone. She also used to have this alarm clock that she set to time us when we were working, so we adjusted it when she was out of the room to give ourslelves more time.
-We always used to get to our sociology lessons before our teacher because he was on duty at break and our classroom was always unlocked, so we'd go in and put a chair against the door then hide under the desks. He thought it was locked and went off to get his keys, then we pulled the chair off the door, sat down, got our pencil cases and paper out and were looking perfectly innocent when he came back and we told him we'd been there the whole time. Sometimes we hid round the corner for a few minutes as well while he went into the room, realised we weren't there and went looking for us, then we did the same thing of going in and pretending we'd been there before.
-My best friend and I didn't want to go to the end of term assembly because they were always boring and we had coursework to do, so we went to the ICT room instead, but apparently lots of other people had the same idea and our Head of Sixth Form came in looking for everyone. She told us to go to assembly, so we said we would, but then she got distracted talking to someone else, so we made a run for it.
-There was a Year 13 water fight in the common room

Year 13
-One of my English teachers had a complete hissy fit and ended up storming out of the lesson to go and bitch to the other teachers in the departmental offce next door (where we could all hear every word) because someone dared to challenge her opinion, even though she'd just spent God knows how long telling us that we had to have our own opinions to get the top marks!
-One of my friends really didn't get on with one of our French teachers and it all came out in one lesson, where they had a bit of a slanging match. There was also another lesson with a different teacher where we'd been to the ICT room and were just walking back through the common room to go back to our classroom when we saw a boy in our class who was obviously supposed to be in the lesson playing cards, which was quite funny.
-In history, we had to give a presentation which had to include an activity and one of the boys in the class decided to write semi-relevant information on bits of paper and hide them all around the school. Our job was to split into teams and find them, which obviously meant we got out of the lesson for half an hour and ended up doing bugger all work even when we got back because we were quite hyper :biggrin: The same boy then made an obscure cartoon with no relevance whatsoever to the work in a future presentation and didn't seem to understand why our teacher wasn't impressed with it!
-Our common room was right next to the staff room and the exams officer happened to walk in when a group of Year 12s were throwing things across the room at each other
Reply 35
kellywood_5
I'm afraid I was rather a goody two shoes :redface: so I don't have any stories of my own, but I do have some funny ones about whole classes. In Year 7, we had this really horrible science teacher who was always having a go at us and keeping us in at lunch for no real reason, so once when he did it, we all started singing this song we'd just learnt in French at the top of our lungs every time he tried to talk. After a few minutes, it got on his nerves so much, he let us go! :p: In Year 8, my maths teacher couldn't control the class to save his life and was always sending people out of the room. Once we made the mistake of saying 'anyone who doesn't want to learn can just get out!' and out went about 3/4 of the class, so there ended up being about 21 kids crammed in the corridor outside and about 7 of us left in the clasroom! Unfortunately for everyone who left, the Head of Year happened to be walking around in that area and caught them all! Our Year 8 history/RE teacher was also a complete pushover. All everyone had to do was start chanting her name and she burst into tears and fled the room! At which point the Head of Department and Head of Year came in to lecture everyone. In Year 9 D&T, one of my friends went around shutting the power off at random intervals to annoy everyone using the machines, and even though she was caught red-handed, she got away with it becuase she was 'good' like me. Nothing much happened in the GCSE years that I can remember, but in sixth form, we had some water fights in the common room. In Year 13 history, we had to give a presentation which had to include an activity and one of the boys in the class decided to write semi-relevant information on bits of paper and hide them all around the school. Our job was to split into teams and find them, which obviously meant we got out of the lesson for half an hour and ended up doing bugger all work :biggrin: We all got a lecture at the end of the lesson, but it was definitely worth it! The same boy then made an obscure cartoon with no relevance whatsoever to the work in a future presentation!

Where is your school, the bronx, or compton? Teachers have the worst and the best of jobs....:p:
So wish I'd seen all that kelly :biggrin:
Reply 37
Lets seeeeee....

My form teacher used to tel me off all the time for being ride to him. We didnt get on as you can tell.

I wasnt a goody too shoes at school. I may have got good grades, but i was always in trouble for answering back and arguing with the teacher

I think the funniest thing was when I refused to do the coursework set by an NQT because she hadnt explained it. I told her she needed to explain it to me better or I couldnt do it, and she started yelling. So the whole class started saying they couldnt do it.
In the end, the poor woman started to cry,told us all to go to hell and stormed out. It wa s a French lesson, and we got one hell of an ear bending from teh head of languages :s
Avogadro6.02257
Where is your school, the bronx, or compton? Teachers have the worst and the best of jobs....:p:

It's in Essex lol :p: Southend, to be precise.
Did he get caught!

Nope :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending