The Student Room Group

Londons Horrible

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Birkenhead
Woops, didn't finish the quotation:

'when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford. It certainly kicks the crap out of Manchester, anyhow'

- Samuel Johnson

#rekt
Original post by manchesterunited15
#rekt

#thuglifeinnitbruv

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a Londoner born and bred and it pisses me off when people say 'the rest of the country is **** compared to London'. This country has some of the cleanest, best preserved, greenest and generally pleasant countryside in the world:

Reply 43
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
I'm a Londoner born and bred and it pisses me off when people say 'the rest of the country is **** compared to London'. This country has some of the cleanest, best preserved, greenest and generally pleasant countryside in the world:

brb does it have any lions
brb does it have any rhinos
brb does it have flamingos

no.

Africa (the relevant parts) (well aware it is a continent) is much better.

the rest of UK is nowhere near GOAT status.
Reply 44
Original post by vickidc18
I lived in London for 1 year when I couldn't take it anymore, have visited New York, Prague, Singapore, Sydney Beijing, Shanghai, Amsterdam
London in general is really dirty compared to these places,
No the rest of the country is paradise apart from some of the rougher council estates

New York has improved on what it used to be - but seriously - the cities are really quite similar. So many New Yorkers will tell you that it's too expensive and everything sucks.

Same with Sydney. People visiting think it's the Garden of Eden. The people that live there moan about traffic and rents.

Singapore is really clean and orderly. But seriously? You think London's expensive? In Singapore you need a licence just to own a car - which you won't get unless you can park it off street. It's also a TSR-style education-o-fascist state. Not too long ago, they were paying women with low education to have sterilisation, and awarding money to graduates who got married.

Beijing, Shanghai. Cleaner than London? Seriously? Maybe Victorian London. A Chinese university recently compared Beijing's pollution to nuclear fallout.
Original post by swarly
Its just a Londoner thing.

Outsiders wont understand. I really think the rest of the UK is a bit of a ****hole in comparison.

dem aesthetics.

:moon:

agreed! I'd return the favour of giving rep but i'm all out.
I have lived all over the UK, and have to say there is something about London which is so appealing. When I go back home on the weekends, I miss the atmosphere!!

LONDON ROCKS!!!! U just need to spend some time in it!

But yea, going to be moving to California soon. Come on Baby!!!
Lmao.

Which part?
I lived in London for 1 year when I couldn't take it anymore, have visited New York, Prague, Singapore, Sydney Beijing, Shanghai, Amsterdam
No the rest of the country is paradise apart from some of the rougher council estates

Lol.

Beijing or Shanghai.

Obviously, you have never been to China ( Or Lived in London), because those places are smog filled and very dirty.

Stop talking ****.

I agree it is extremely dirty.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol.

Beijing or Shanghai.

Obviously, you have never been to China ( Or Lived in London), because those places are smog filled and very dirty.

Stop talking ****.

Nah dude the smokes there to make you happy aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have travelled to many capital cities in the world a lot less economically developed than the U.K but have to say London, is a dirty cesspit, don't understand why anyone would want to live there sure there's jobs but a studio flat costs 235k, it smells, everyone looks so grumpy on the tube & rude god forbid you smile at anyone Can anyone tell me why anyone likes london?

I'm not London's biggest fan but to call it a "dirty cesspit" really isn't very fair. Yes, there are unpleasant parts but there are in all cities. Personally, I think that Paris and Rome (the two major capitals I've been to) fit that description a lot better than London. On top of that, the unfriendliness of Londoners is one of the city's biggest appeals to me. If I'm commuting, I don't want to engage in friendly chit-chat or exchange smiles with people - I want to get to my destination. The attitude is no-nonsense and that suits me perfectly.
Reply 52
It's ok but not to live in forever. The pollution alone is pretty unhealthy. People were never meant to live in such high density populations.
Reply 53
Original post by Per
It's ok but not to live in forever. The pollution alone is pretty unhealthy. People were never meant to live in such high density populations.

people were never meant to live beyond the age of 20.

whats your point.
Reply 54
Original post by Steezy
Have you ever been to Paris? Absolute **** hole

Have to agree with you here, I mean I think the city looks pretty nice but I don't know how anyone can live there with the sewage smell wafting in the air, especially when you go to a supermarket and it mixes with the strong cheese smell. It hit me as soon as I stepped off the train and it has made me extremely grateful for the fresh air where I live.
Original post by Steezy
Have you ever been to Paris? Absolute **** hole

Are you kidding? Dog **** and Parisians aside, Paris is beautiful.

Don't know what the OP's talking about either, London is great.
Reply 56

Tbh, London isn't really that bad lived here all my life. The bad bits of NY are worse than London. Singapore is just as expensive as London as well.

All cities have their pros and cons anyway. I have visited other cities and do prefer parts of others to London, but overall London is a great city. There are definitely things I don't like about London though. Some people really like to nit pick the negatives about London but lets face it, it is known as one of the best cities in the world for a reason. :tongue: What you don't like about London is really just your opinion, it isn't fact.
(edited 9 years ago)
Dude please.

You need to go to Specsavers if you honestly think Beijing is cleaner than London.
I love London to visit, wouldn't want to live there as I'm a bit of a country bumpkin, but I know loads who do and like it. There's a lot going on, you'd never be bored and it's pretty much the centre of everything (take it from someone who has to travel 2.5hrs to get to the nearest airport!). I don't find it any dirtier or smellier than any other major city, I found Paris worse tbh and my friend lives in New York and says it smells of piss. Different strokes I suppose.
Reply 59
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol.

Beijing or Shanghai.

Stop talking ****.

It depends what time of year you visit when I went there wasn't much smog, and the streets were very tidy I saw litter pickers on every street far less litter than London.

Quick Reply

Latest