The Student Room Group

4as levels? is it too much?

Hi, I started sixth form today and am doing English Lit, History and Geography. I currently have 8 free periods a week. However, I am thinking of doing psychology as well. This would put me down to 3 free periods a week. I have other commitments out of school and worry that if I did 4as levles I would not keep up with the homework. I was thinking of dropping geography anyway but am not sure.

Any advice? Should I do four as levels? Are the subjects I do hard? At my sixth form, no one is allowed to chage or drop a subject after the first two weeks. What should I do.
Original post by fungirl16
Hi, I started sixth form today and am doing English Lit, History and Geography. I currently have 8 free periods a week. However, I am thinking of doing psychology as well. This would put me down to 3 free periods a week. I have other commitments out of school and worry that if I did 4as levles I would not keep up with the homework. I was thinking of dropping geography anyway but am not sure.

Any advice? Should I do four as levels? Are the subjects I do hard? At my sixth form, no one is allowed to chage or drop a subject after the first two weeks. What should I do.

It's not a question as to whether 4 AS' Levels is too much, it's a question of whether 3 AS' Levels is too little.

The overwhelming majority of universities and all of the RG will expect you to take 4 subjects at AS and drop one at the start of year 13.

Hope I've helped. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
As above, most people do four so you risk being at a disadvantage only having three.

If you find the work on top of you then you may want to look at how important the other commitments are. They may be relevant, they may not be.

Quick Reply

Latest