The Student Room Group

AS Level Textbooks?

Hi, so I've only recently just started my AS year and at the first lesson of each subject they ran us through what the course will be like, gave us a ton of useful information and resources, and textbooks that are a must buy.

Should we buy these textbooks as soon as possible or wait to see how we feel about the lesson?

Also, in Biology they want us to do a small test so they can see if anyone is not capable of doing the course, but that will most likely be next week. Should I purchase a Biology textbook as soon as possible or wait to make sure I am able to stay on the course?
Reply 1
Original post by QwerKiZ
Hi, so I've only recently just started my AS year and at the first lesson of each subject they ran us through what the course will be like, gave us a ton of useful information and resources, and textbooks that are a must buy.

Should we buy these textbooks as soon as possible or wait to see how we feel about the lesson?

Also, in Biology they want us to do a small test so they can see if anyone is not capable of doing the course, but that will most likely be next week. Should I purchase a Biology textbook as soon as possible or wait to make sure I am able to stay on the course?

Depends on how devoted you are to the course. If you feel that you will be dedicated and do well; you may as well get the textbook as soon as possible. If you need to pass a test to see if you are capable; I would recommend just using the stuff you already have as textbooks can be expensive, and as such you wouldn't want to buy one and then find that you drop the course.

Most courses start of pretty easily anyway, especially Biology (I find) so why not wait until you think you need it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Davalla
Depends on how devoted you are to the course. If you feel that you will be dedicated and do well; you may as well get the textbook as soon as possible. If you need to pass a test to see if you are capable; I would recommend just using the stuff you already have as textbooks can be expensive, and as such you wouldn't want to buy one and then find that you drop the course.

Most courses start of pretty easily anyway, especially Biology (I find) so why not wait until you think you need it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I purchased the ones for the course that I know I'm going to carry on for the year, but I'm not going to get Biology yet until I know I am able to stay on the course.
Reply 3
I just raided the library :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by DebkoX
I just raided the library :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I need to check it out, but I haven't had a proper free period yet. I plan on going Thursday.
Reply 5
Original post by QwerKiZ
Haha, I need to check it out, but I haven't had a proper free period yet. I plan on going Thursday.

Mines amazing!
Reply 6
Original post by DebkoX
Mines amazing!

Haha, I've heard rumours about ours and I really want to see it, I might go tomorrow during a short break, I'm just freaking out over the small biology test they're going to test me on tomorrow... :P
Reply 7
Original post by QwerKiZ
Haha, I've heard rumours about ours and I really want to see it, I might go tomorrow during a short break, I'm just freaking out over the small biology test they're going to test me on tomorrow... :P

Best of luck!
Reply 8
Original post by DebkoX
Best of luck!

Thanks! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest