The Student Room Group

Everyday winter boots for uni?

I'm trying to look for boots that can be worn everyday with jeans & jumper in the winter time.

Something that is comfortable & stylish.

I don't suite calf high or knee high boots, as I am short.

Something along the lines of this:

image4xxl.jpg

The above is from ASOS but it's in pink & I don't know it would suite my style.

Any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lil08
I'm trying to look for boots that can be worn everyday with jeans & jumper in the winter time.

image4xxl.jpg

Any suggestions?

I'm actually taking 3 pairs of Uggs with me; they're so warm and comfy and go with nearly everything. They are quite popular, at least at the uni where I'm going and I think students generally dress very casually so they are ideal. Don't buy the fake ones though because they fall apart and lose their shape really easily.
Reply 2
Original post by Niamhrado
I'm actually taking 3 pairs of Uggs with me; they're so warm and comfy and go with nearly everything. They are quite popular, at least at the uni where I'm going and I think students generally dress very casually so they are ideal. Don't buy the fake ones though because they fall apart and lose their shape really easily.

Yes, but Uggs aren't waterproof for those snow days.

Thank you for the suggestion. :smile:
Original post by Lil08
Yes, but Uggs aren't waterproof for those snow days.

Thank you for the suggestion. :smile:

That's true, I didn't think of that because we never get snow down here, haha!

I've got a few pairs of really nice boots from a company called Blowfish, they sell them in Office/Schuh. Definitely worth a look, although I'm not sure if they would be your style or not :smile:
What about dr. Martens? Kinda expensive but they last a long time and are really comfy once broken in. Look a bit like your picture too.
Original post by Lil08

image4xxl.jpg

Any suggestions?

Nah girl, those are not a good look (unless you wanna look like a bit of a hill billy, that is of course just my opinion lol).

Wear some classier boots. You should try calf boots. I'm 5ft 2.5in but I still look good in them. It's about confidence. The boots you posted are frumpy imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely dr martens. They're really comfy and you can even get fur lined boots! They're also waterproof and last for years :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
What about dr. Martens? Kinda expensive but they last a long time and are really comfy once broken in. Look a bit like your picture too.

Agree with this. Had my DMs for 3 years now and they're still in great condition. So so comfy and great for icy weather etc.
Reply 8
Hey i saw dr. Martens? being sold on ebay.....i dont wanna buy that expensive for my lil sister are those really worth buying.
Reply 9
You can find cheaper Dr. Martens on Amazon, too. I bought mine there and they are not fake.
a long shot but Clarks do some really stylish things if you look i have had many boots from there and i get compliments all the time not to mention they do half sizes!
Reply 11
Original post by Lil08

image4xxl.jpg

Any suggestions?

Try JustFab:love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wear snowboard boots, then you can strap in and shred the gnar whenever you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're looking tall boots (probably not) you could try Dublin river boots. I know they are horsey boots, but they are gorgeous, I believe dubarry have released that style as well.
Another recommendation for doc martens <3

I got my first pair 4 1/2 years ago, I used to wear them everyday for 2 years for school and they're still going strong. Plus you can get ankle ones.
Check out Clarks or New Look
Bought these babies from primark 😍😍😍 they go with everything and I love them!!ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410687693.596841.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
DMs are your answer. They cost a fair bit but if you shop around you can find most colours and sizes under £60. I have three pairs, and the oldest I've had since I was 12 (my feet haven't grown haha) and they are still in great condition.
Original post by Lil08

image4xxl.jpg

Any suggestions?

Dr Martens ftw. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Doc martins or Clarks Desert boots / brogue boots

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending