The Student Room Group

Bristol Medical School A100 Entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have an offer from Bristol but just a bit worried because I havent received any emails from them recently at all? have i missed anything or is there anything i need to do?
To anyone on the waiting list, do you know if you can find out what position you are on the list now?
Original post by El1997
Thank you. Congratulations for getting two! I scored 67.69% on the interview, what about you?

Can I ask what your stats are like because I got 73.08% on the interview and I didn't get a reserve letter? Also, did you apply to do another degree?

PS Congratulations! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2643
Original post by hopefulmedic2597
To anyone on the waiting list, do you know if you can find out what position you are on the list now?

Would be interested in that as well! Also, are we listed only based on interview score or do you think grades/PS/work experience will have an effect at this stage? :eek:
Original post by iamr
Would be interested in that as well! Also, are we listed only based on interview score or do you think grades/PS/work experience will have an effect at this stage? :eek:

Hey :smile: I think it might have an impact because I got a higher interview score than someone on the waiting list but at the same time I think my stats/ experience is good enough... So I don't know... Bit confused... Can I ask what your score and stats are if you dont mind?
Did you firm another degree? I had the reserve letter with 74 or around that but didn't firm my biomed offer?
Original post by iamr

Anyone fancy emailing?!? Also I'm guessing good a levels (a*s) would bump you up the list?
Original post by lucy1996
Anyone fancy emailing?!? Also I'm guessing good a levels (a*s) would bump you up the list?

well I emailed them and its based on interview score only but if you have another offer then you wont be placed on the waiting list
Did you firm another degree? I had the reserve letter with 74 or around that but didn't firm my biomed offer?

hey :smile: yeah I firmed my biomed degree but I'm gonna be taking a gap year anyway and reapply for medicine... So I don't really know what to do tbh :/ Do you think if I decline my offer, I'll be put on the list or is it too late for that?

PS. Congratulations! Have you received any other reserve list offers?
Original post by Stardust13
hey :smile: yeah I firmed my biomed degree but I'm gonna be taking a gap year anyway and reapply for medicine... So I don't really know what to do tbh :/ Do you think if I decline my offer, I'll be put on the list or is it too late for that?

PS. Congratulations! Have you received any other reserve list offers?

You could check but I'm guessing it'll be too late as they wanted all responses in to the letters a couple of weeks back I think.. And thank you! I'm also on one at Cardiff, I think they favour those on the list achieving a* grades so not holding out much hope there!
You could check but I'm guessing it'll be too late as they wanted all responses in to the letters a couple of weeks back I think.. And thank you! I'm also on one at Cardiff, I think they favour those on the list achieving a* grades so not holding out much hope there!

Thanks for the advice :smile: 'If all goes badly, at least there's next year' is the kind of mind set I have right now haha
Reply 2651
Reserve list people, any luck yet? This wait is excruciating! :crazy:
Original post by iamr
Reserve list people, any luck yet? This wait is excruciating! :crazy:

I wasn't expecting to hear anything until at least Thursday?!? Argh so nervous now though.. What was your interview %?
Reply 2653
I wasn't expecting to hear anything until at least Thursday?!? Argh so nervous now though.. What was your interview %?

73.08%. 😬😬
Original post by iamr
73.08%. 😬😬

:s-smilie: :s-smilie: good luck!! Nothing we can do now but wait I guess ..
Reply 2655
:s-smilie: :s-smilie: good luck!! Nothing we can do now but wait I guess ..

You too!!! We'll find out soon enough! (I hope) :s-smilie::tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by iamr
You too!!! We'll find out soon enough! (I hope) :s-smilie::tongue:

How did you get on?? I had an offer but firmed another uni instead!
Reply 2657
How did you get on?? I had an offer but firmed another uni instead!

Congratulations! I still haven't heard anything... :frown: So were you offered a place at Bristol in the end? :smile:
Original post by iamr
Congratulations! I still haven't heard anything... :frown: So were you offered a place at Bristol in the end? :smile:

Yes they phoned at 8am and offered a place - apparently I was the top on the list with 73.85% so you're very close - don't lose hope there's still time!
Reply 2659
Yes they phoned at 8am and offered a place - apparently I was the top on the list with 73.85% so you're very close - don't lose hope there's still time!

So close it hurts :frown:. But congrats on your place! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending