The Student Room Group

speaking and listening GCSE English as a private candidate

Hello

I'm going to sit GCSEs in Maths and English as a private candidate. Is there an oral exam in English? Thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by CarolineAntonina
Hello

I'm going to sit GCSEs in Maths and English as a private candidate. Is there an oral exam in English? Thanks a lot :smile:

Pretty sure they have been abolished due to the new regulations:smile:
Reply 2
Hello

There is an oral endorsement but there is also written controlled assessment that is virtually impossible for a private candidate. Consider a no-coursework IGCSE instead.
Original post by Compost
There is an oral endorsement but there is also written controlled assessment that is virtually impossible for a private candidate. Consider a no-coursework IGCSE instead.

So can I just teach myself at home, find a centre, pay and sit IGCSEs if there is no coursework? I wanted to do GCSE Distance Learning courses but they cost a lot of money, over £500
Reply 4
So can I just teach myself at home, find a centre, pay and sit IGCSEs if there is no coursework? I wanted to do GCSE Distance Learning courses but they cost a lot of money, over £500

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending