The Student Room Group

AS-A levels

I'm planning on studying towards being a lawyer, do As levels count towards anything when getting into uni? :confused:
Reply 1
Original post by MeggC
I'm planning on studying towards being a lawyer, do As levels count towards anything when getting into uni? :confused:

AS levels are the strongest indicator of how well you are going to do academically (provided you apply in year 13). So yes, they're very important. They also form the basis of A2, both in terms of marks and knowledge. So there's really no excuse to not take them seriously.
Reply 2
I believe you have to get good grades if you want to be a lawyer and I believe you want to get into a good uni as well. You really should look up on websites such as ucas to see if theres any uni you would like and can u reach their entry requirement. A levels are important whether for now or future because employers would like to know what your grades are and you should really put lots of effort into it because it would be hard to catch up if you lose track. I would be much harder to catch up in A2 than in AS so you really should do well in AS. Choose your subjects carefully and look up on the internet about uni :smile: Gd luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending