The Student Room Group

Some advice needed.

Hello, I'm Alan, I'm currently a sophomore studying for a few finals coming up (Manufacturing engineering) and I need some advice on how to study for the next 10 days.
My finals include (thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics), (1st, 2nd, higher order differential equations, and some vector calculus), and (mechanics of materials, tension, compression, torsion, bending and beam deflections).
I am sort of overwhelmed and scared because I don't know how to start reviewing, I have studied all of the materials but I'm just anxious and I easily get stuck on a lot of the problems, and I'm not sure if I can handle all the pressure. Some advice on how to approach the stuff would be great, as well as advice on any textbooks or sites to find extra problems. Any and all input is very much appreciated, thank you!
Original post by AlanRedd
Hello, I'm Alan, I'm currently a sophomore studying for a few finals coming up (Manufacturing engineering) and I need some advice on how to study for the next 10 days.
My finals include (thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics), (1st, 2nd, higher order differential equations, and some vector calculus), and (mechanics of materials, tension, compression, torsion, bending and beam deflections).
I am sort of overwhelmed and scared because I don't know how to start reviewing, I have studied all of the materials but I'm just anxious and I easily get stuck on a lot of the problems, and I'm not sure if I can handle all the pressure. Some advice on how to approach the stuff would be great, as well as advice on any textbooks or sites to find extra problems. Any and all input is very much appreciated, thank you!

For learning lists of facts, spaced-repetition is unmatched (Anki or Mnemosyne are relevant apps, for instance). Otherwise, it's just lots and lots of practice (try making up your own problems, check them with other people or WolframAlpha if possible), and make sure you ask someone early on if there's something you don't understand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending