The Student Room Group

BOYS - what do you think of a hot girl with a shaved head?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furbybrain
Think Natalie Portman, Sinead O'Conner, Rhianna, Emma Watson...

I'm really interested to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

The basis of physical attraction is not rational so asking for why most men have a preference for heads with hair is not going to get you anywhere. It's like asking women why they wear heels despite the fact that they are unhealthy.
I'd think it's a shame that the girl could have actually been hot.
Shaved heads look dire on girls.
(edited 9 years ago)
Think Natalie Portman, Sinead O'Conner, Rhianna, Emma Watson...

I'm really interested to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't like it. I'm going bald myself, so I need someone else with hair, so I could touch it.
No such thing.
So your saying then that even if a girl was all dressed up in a nice dress and shoes with good makeup etc., you'd think she looked androgenous just because of the lack of hair?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're thinking of shaving your hair, do it but be aware that it isn't very feminine and you've narrowed your attraction pool. If it was out of your control (I.e. cancer) there are charities for these kinds of things that produce really nice looking wigs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85

As unbelievably hot as she is with no hair, she'd still look better with it imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree with where the guys are coming from here that hair is what makes someone attractive to many people. When I tie my up I think I look ugly but when I have long straight hair it somehow accentuates my features. Also if my hair is messy I think I look ugly but if it is nice and straight and flows well, I think I look pretty. I would imagine it must be a similar thing for what guys find attractive.

To be honest it is also probably a bit to do with society's views on what makes someone feminine as well. They may be preconceived ideas of what feminine is, but nevertheless most of society agree with those and that will affect people's views on what is attractive.
So your saying then that even if a girl was all dressed up in a nice dress and shoes with good makeup etc., you'd think she looked androgenous just because of the lack of hair?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Long hair is feminine, short hair makes me think she is like a 7 year old boy

I am not into that
Original post by Juichiro
The basis of physical attraction is not rational so asking for why most men have a preference for heads with hair is not going to get you anywhere. It's like asking women why they wear heels despite the fact that they are unhealthy.

This +1

OP is like the female equivalent of pathetic guys who try to list reasons to a woman, as to why she should love him. Disgusting behaviour.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 90

Well actually it has. Ive got some very interesting thought provoking responses so far :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by yo radical one
This +1

OP is like the female equivalent of pathetic guys who try to list reasons to a woman, as to why she should love him. Disgusting behaviour.

That was rather rude. Please take your insults elswhere if you no longer find my thread interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by Sazzy890
I agree with where the guys are coming from here that hair is what makes someone attractive to many people. When I tie my up I think I look ugly but when I have long straight hair it somehow accentuates my features. Also if my hair is messy I think I look ugly but if it is nice and straight and flows well, I think I look pretty. I would imagine it must be a similar thing for what guys find attractive.

To be honest it is also probably a bit to do with society's views on what makes someone feminine as well. They may be preconceived ideas of what feminine is, but nevertheless most of society agree with those and that will affect people's views on what is attractive.

Thanks well explained! :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
If you're thinking of shaving your hair, do it but be aware that it isn't very feminine and you've narrowed your attraction pool. If it was out of your control (I.e. cancer) there are charities for these kinds of things that produce really nice looking wigs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, but its actually got nothing to do with my hair.

Nor is it anything to do with my "pathetic begging for men to love me", *Yo Radical One*...

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was rather rude. Please take your insults elswhere if you no longer find my thread interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's rude telling people what they should or should not be attracted to, and telling them they are wrong for having those feelings.
Reply 95
Thanks, but its actually got nothing to do with my hair.

Nor is it anything to do with my "pathetic begging for men to love me", *Yo Radical One*...

Posted from TSR Mobile

And now you mention it, from these responses it rather sounds like it might just narrow her dating pool down to intelligent, open minded, non-superficial guys whilst weeding out all the others..

Bad thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well actually it has. Ive got some very interesting thought provoking responses so far :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it has not. The basis of physical attraction is not rational because it is not based on reason. It is just a by-product of our particular instance of natural selection.
Reply 97
Original post by yo radical one
It's rude telling people what they should or should not be attracted to, and telling them they are wrong for having those feelings.

Yes it is. I'm glad I haven't done either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
No, it has not. The basis of physical attraction is not rational because it is not based on reason. It is just a by-product of our particular instance of natural selection.

Thats your opinion.

You cant tell me whether I personally have found these responses interesting or not though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
I usually go for girls with medium-long hair but Amber Rose (not usually my type) is pretty hot!

Quick Reply

Latest