The Student Room Group

Ask me anything just got my braces tightened..

Hi ... ama:frown:

Scroll to see replies

what happened to your t:biggrin:th?
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
what happened to your t:biggrin:th?

they got tightened and i had a bite out of a sandwich and they broke again....grrrr
What does it feel like having braces?
Reply 4
Original post by coldhell
What does it feel like having braces?

its not too bad after about 2 weeks but when you just get them its like hell
Does it hurt yet? I always found it just felt weird at first, but then after a few hours it killlled :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
How much did it all cost..?
Original post by Limpopo

Surely free no? Although maybe depends on OPs age.

How long till ya get 'em out OP?
Reply 8
Original post by furryface12
Does it hurt yet? I always found it just felt weird at first, but then after a few hours it killlled :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its hurts and its about 3 days since but im a big wimp so that may be why haha
Reply 9
Original post by Limpopo

Its free im 16
Original post by RYAN1872
Its free im 16

Well lucky you and good on you and parents for looking after your gnashers..:cool:
Reply 11
Original post by Precious Illusions
Surely free no? Although maybe depends on OPs age.

How long till ya get 'em out OP?

Its free yeh and in about 18 months:sad:
Reply 12
Original post by Limpopo
Well lucky you and good on you and parents for looking after your gnashers..:cool:

Hahaha:biggrin:
Its hurts and its about 3 days since but im a big wimp so that may be why haha

You'll get used to it! Wait until the first time they put a proper wire on, then it'll hurt :tongue: Did you have any other type of brace before traintracks? Assuming they're what you've got now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its free yeh and in about 18 months:sad:

Aww :console: it's worth it for awesome teeth though :yep:
Reply 15
You'll get used to it! Wait until the first time they put a proper wire on, then it'll hurt :tongue: Did you have any other type of brace before traintracks? Assuming they're what you've got now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the moral support haha!! and i used to have braces where you could take them out but i used to just take them out and never wear them :colondollar:
Reply 16
Original post by Precious Illusions
Aww :console: it's worth it for awesome teeth though :yep:

True my teeth are like horses the now hahah (they stick out badly) :biggrin:
Thanks for the moral support haha!! and i used to have braces where you could take them out but i used to just take them out and never wear them :colondollar:

My sister used to do that and then complain when they didn't do anything, it was funny :tongue: I never had a particular problem with them, I'd just keep them in the whole time but then again you couldn't really see mine that much, whereas some you can. I also only started with something they said would take 4 years in the middle of year ten, so wanted to get them off as soon as I could :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
My sister used to do that and then complain when they didn't do anything, it was funny :tongue: I never had a particular problem with them, I'd just keep them in the whole time but then again you couldn't really see mine that much, whereas some you can. I also only started with something they said would take 4 years in the middle of year ten, so wanted to get them off as soon as I could :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeh my mum would get annoyed with me haha and 4 years wow!! its like just having mental in your mouth :no:
yeh my mum would get annoyed with me haha and 4 years wow!! its like just having mental in your mouth :no:

It was about two and a half in the end, plus wearing a retainer all the time (one of the metal ones) for a while after that which still got tightened. It still doesn't look like I had braces though :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest