The Student Room Group

Sick of driving intructors letting me down

I have previously tried learning to drive back in my late teens (now in my early 30s), had about 20 lessons, and gave up, due to the costs and the fact that as I was studying and working, I did'nt have the time. Ive been learning to drive again since June this year, and have just binned my 3rd instructor! The first one, after 3 lessons, decided she didnt want to cover my area anymore, the 2nd didnt even turn up for the first lesson, and yesterday, my current intsrutctor, who I've had 5 lessons with, did'nt bother to show up, and did'nt even bother to contact me to say he was'nt coming! I know my driving isnt that bad lol, as he was constantly saying how well I was doing! Its so difficult to find a good instructor who doesn't let people down.

So, Ive decided to try doing it myself! Ive just bought myself a car, going to pick it up on Saturday :biggrin:, and my hubby has said he will go out with me. Ive subscribed to LDC video lessons on You Tube, and ive downloaded a DIY guide for my hubby so he does'nt teach me any bad habits lol. The good thing is, is that Ive done a lot of the main groundwork with the instructors ive had, so its just lots of road practice and manouevres to do really. Its so upsetting to my learning having to change instructors all the time, and at least I'll be learning in my own car! Anyone else considering doing the same thing, or has anyone else done it?
Reply 1
why don't you go with LDC then? They seem to be reliable, either that or take word of mouth from someone.

https://www.learnerdriving.com/store/driving-courses/single-driving-lesson.html
Reply 2
I was learning with InfoDrive and got really good instructor, but i think they are only in London:smile:
Also i would advice you to go for big school i tried with local instructor but he were only making money out of me, so if you don't want to spend anymore money just sign with bigger school!

Good Luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies. LDC dont have an instructor in my area, and I'm outside London so I dont know if Infodrive will cover my area, but I'll have a look though. The instructors that Ive had, have been from large driving schools, supposedly reputable, but have only messed me around, so Im reluctant to go with a large school, and I dont know anyone who has passed their test recently, so don't have any recommendations for instructors :s-smilie: I just want someone who will see me through to my test, and not cancel on me or not, not bother to show up, but its proving hard, and I cant keep wasting money, the lessons Ive had have all been 2 hour lessons, @ £50 a time, so thats why Im thinking doing it in my own car might be a less costly and more reliable option :cool:
Reply 4
Jen where you from
Reply 5
I'm sorry to hear this. Do you know of any family or friends recommendations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Im in Surrey. Ive booked an intensive course for the end of October with a local driving school, and in the meantime will continue with practising in my own car, which is going quite well, ive been driving everywhere instead of my hubby doing it, and its really building up my confidence. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending